4,500 Flash Drives Left at the Cleaners

HardOCP News

[H] News
Lost your flash drive? Try looking at the cleaners. Lost some form of mobile device? Try the cab you took last night. Lost your head, try looking up your as….well, you know where I was going with that one. ;)

While that number may appear high, the survey of 100 dry cleaners by data security company Credant Technologies of London this month revealed that the number of flash sticks left at the cleaners since last April actually declined by half.

I havn't left any at the cleaners, but i have put some through the wash and dryer. Without any data loss lol

That's not surprising that alot are left at places such as the dry cleaners. I can't tell you how many times I did this in college

people actually go to the cleaners?

Yup. I wear suits to work at meetings. No way in hell I'm throwing them in the wash.

My buttoned shirts are also dry cleaned.

You don't dry clean your stuff?
I assume people carrying usb drives are typically men in casual dress attire who wouldnt bother dry cleaning
my work clothes consists of ~$25 dress pants and ~$15 dress shirts. No way I'm gonna take the time, money and effort to dry clean them. The delicate cycle has yet to fail me.

I assume people carrying usb drives are typically men in casual dress attire who wouldnt bother dry cleaning
my work clothes consists of ~$25 dress pants and ~$15 dress shirts. No way I'm gonna take the time, money and effort to dry clean them. The delicate cycle has yet to fail me.

well my $15-20 clothes also go in the wash. Dry cleaning is reserved for my $700-1000 suits and $75 shirts, slacks and tie. :-P

well my $15-20 clothes also go in the wash. Dry cleaning is reserved for my $700-1000 suits and $75 shirts, slacks and tie. :-P

Edit: forgot to add..

I would imagine that 4,500 can easily become 4,500,000 if the count include home washer and dryer as well as dry cleaners.

Flash drive sales for 2009 were in the $10B range.

I think it's pretty safe to say that "people carrying USB drives" pretty much covers the entire spectrum.

Maybe he was laughing because real business men get custom tailored. $1K is chump change for a tailored suit.

Go big or go home. Don't act like you are a pimp for buying a $1000 suit. There are much more expensive suits out there and frankly from 10 feet away no one is every going to be able to tell as long as it is fitted well.
I have a $200 suit that gets worn maybe once a year. The jacket goes to the cleaners, everythign else goes through the washing machine.

I left my flash drive in my pants once, washed and dried it. Sure looks' purdy now!

Maybe he was laughing because real business men get custom tailored. $1K is chump change for a tailored suit.

That depends on the suit though. Mine's custom fit as well from JoS A. Bank and Men's Wearhouse. They have you try it on and mark up your suit with chalks and tell you to come back in a couple weeks. There's also ALWAYS lots of good sales going on. Right now JoS has lots of suits marked down by 70%.

I think every one of my flash drives has gone through the wash at least 2 times. Whats even better then that, is when you find a nice wadded (and clean :p ) $20 bill in a pocket.

All my work clothes go to the cleaners. I hate ironing.

lol.. at the dryer for an iron comments or the gentle cycle ones lol. Wool needs to be dry cleaned as well as good ties since most have wool inside. And the cleaners doesn't dry clean your button downs they launder them unless you specifically ask for it and pay more than the 1.50 or w/e price per shirt on the sign which is dumb anyway cause they press the shirts which never looks as nice as hand ironed shirts :)

. There's also ALWAYS lots of good sales going on. Right now JoS has lots of suits marked down by 70%.

Actually, they just have them marked up 70% the rest of the year...right now, they are selling for about what they are worth..:p

Back