• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4:3 in 2012, useless?

41U5253

n00b
Joined
Jun 11, 2012
Messages
2
So I need a lot of vertical space and I was thinking, well 4:3 monitor or 3 would fit that perfectly.
But then I remembered you could flip U2412Ms vertically, so 3 of them would be a nice fit with tons of width and height.

So what would be the best set up for me?
 
I run three 17" Dells at work at its fine for me since the company won't buy me widescreens. If you can get 3 2412, get them. You'll be happy with the setup.
 
If you need a lot of vertical space a widescreen monitor in portrait would be ideal. A 4:3 monitor (non-CRT) won't give you any more vertical pixels than 1920x1200 in landscape.
 
I run 3 24" monitors in portrait mode. It gives me 3600x1920 resolution. You can fit a full "legal" size paper in the screen without scrolling.
 
I concur that three 1920x1200 monitors in portrait is very ideal. The only thing that sucks about it are videos. But then you could just rotate one when you need to.
 
Back
Top