4.2 Promedia

ApocalypZ

Limp Gawd
Has anyone here tried buying two 2.1 PM sets making it 4.2? I think that what im going to try since i already one 2.1, id just need another. Is there any sound difference between the 4.1 set and two 2.1's as 4.2?

Originally posted by ApocalypZ
Has anyone here tried buying two 2.1 PM sets making it 4.2? I think that what im going to try since i already one 2.1, id just need another. Is there any sound difference between the 4.1 set and two 2.1's as 4.2?

Two subwoofers :D

I think the 4.1 sub is different than the 2.1, but I don't remember how.

Didn't they use to sell the 4.2?

I believe there was a shortage of 4.1 systems or something, so they released the 4.2's to compensate for the shortage. Then again wasn't that like 3 years ago or so? :

Yea but what is the difference guys? is there any besides the addition of one sub and having two volume controls?

I experimented with a cheaper 4.2 system recently and it was relatively problamatic to get it working decently.

I found a good deal on the AL atp3 setup and bought a couple; the problem is however the subs cancelled themselves out almost completely when they were close together. I had to move the 2nd sub about 10 feet away from the first before the cancellation effect was not that noticable. I think it's called running in phase.

This is probably the reason the sws is liked so much as it removes this problem by piggbacking off the original sub.

the guy next door to me at college had a set of 2.1's and found someone who was willing to sell him another set of 2.1's for 50 bucks. So he took the guy up on the deal and that night i helped him set up 4.2.

We are on the 4th floor of the dorm, we woke someone up on the 2nd floor on the opposite side of the building :)

Originally posted by bluntspoon
This is probably the reason the sws is liked so much as it removes this problem by piggbacking off the original sub.

I thought it was because it has some sort of phase selector?

So if the subs are on different parts of the room, it will sound great? no problems?

Back