4.2 in Windows XP

|-Goku-|

[H]ard|Gawd
OK so i was talking with this guy about Overclocking and he says that its impossible to achieve 4.2ghz in XP but then i showed him this link http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20031230/5ghz-01.html and then he says toms hardware is shit and says that CPU-Z was ran in Dos in that picture. Can i get some help here. Maybe im wrong but i don't know

I'm guessing that this guy couldn't find his own ass with both hands. I'm not even going to comment on the CPZ-Z in DOS thing...:rolleyes:

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=618&s=18

jesus man, that setup is insane! holy crap, is it safe to have all that ice on your components too?

Originally posted by rive22
jesus man, that setup is insane! holy crap, is it safe to have all that ice on your components too?

I doubt it would be... I wouldn't see that being very good for it... But I guess that's the risk you take with that kind of setup

There are "a coupple" axp's that can do 3 ghz, but still, those are insane numbers on an AMD

edit: and [H] got a p4 @ 4.4ghz....and it was stable

he claims all those CPU-Z pictures were taken from dos with a digital camera and that hes an A+ Certified Computer Tech LOL guy is just an idiot.

Originally posted by |-Goku-|
he claims all those CPU-Z pictures were taken from dos with a digital camera and that hes an A+ Certified Computer Tech LOL guy is just an idiot.
Mentioning you're an A+ to try and win an argument = automatic n00b l4m3r LOL

can't wait to send him the thread and see what he says. If will be funny lol. And he starts cussing me out over it, i was just like. You are a very sad little man lol

|-Goku-|

everyone has that one friend that is a compleat moron, that likes to talk like he know what hes talking about...

ya i know. Hes not much of a friend more like a Counter-strike Buddy. I can't believe that he just cuss's me out cause he thinks hes right. LOL but whatever i have my pals at [H] to back me up :)

Originally posted by |-Goku-|
ya i know. Hes not much of a friend more like a Counter-strike Buddy. I can't believe that he just cuss's me out cause he thinks hes right. LOL but whatever i have my pals at [H] to back me up :)
Don't get too comfortable, cheese! :p

i know i only post in the For Sale Section :( I will get there :) least im not a newbie cheese :D

Originally posted by Dude
I'm guessing that this guy couldn't find his own ass with both hands. I'm not even going to comment on the CPZ-Z in DOS thing...:rolleyes:

:D Think you just named it right!

unless theres a p4 software bug (which there isnt) Windows doesnt care if its 10 ghz, or 1 ghz. If your processor is causing windows to lockup, you need to rma :D

LOL, that definitely wasn't run in DOS. :D

And having ice on the components isn't bad...the condensation (which can be a killer in liquid form, especially) is cold enough that it deposits as ice. Of course you wouldn't want build-up with the copper pipe, but that's why Tom added insulation. Once he turns off the chill, though, he'd have to let that board dry out a while. :D

But as for Tom's Hardware being shit, I do have to say that I'm not a huge fan of his. Many of his reviews seem quite biased (like the one review where he had an ad for the product he was reviewing...lol) and after his AMD-bashing stunt I find myself avoiding his site most of the time.

Originally posted by Maxx
LOL, that definitely wasn't run in DOS. :D

And having ice on the components isn't bad...the condensation (which can be a killer in liquid form, especially) is cold enough that it deposits as ice. Of course you wouldn't want build-up with the copper pipe, but that's why Tom added insulation. Once he turns off the chill, though, he'd have to let that board dry out a while. :D

But as for Tom's Hardware being shit, I do have to say that I'm not a huge fan of his. Many of his reviews seem quite biased (like the one review where he had an ad for the product he was reviewing...lol) and after his AMD-bashing stunt I find myself avoiding his site most of the time.

You know whats sad, is they had a rep @ Lanwar 18 in louisville Ky and so did AMD and they were all buddy buddy. Lanwar 19, toms wasn't invited back, but amd gave away about $2k in processors.

Originally posted by eViL_M@LuM
You know whats sad, is they had a rep @ Lanwar 18 in louisville Ky and so did AMD and they were all buddy buddy. Lanwar 19, toms wasn't invited back, but amd gave away about $2k in processors.

LOL, serves'm right.

I don't have a problem with someone preferring one brand over another...I don't even have a huge problem with "fanboyism" since if you look in US politics today you get it everywhere you look. But I do have a problem when you take it to the extreme and mis-use your scene influence and "facts" to totally bash one side. Competition lowers prices and increases quality, I guess Tom didn't get an education in basic marketing...not to mention he will lose some advertisers and a lot of supporters. It's fine for him to voice his opinion but only if someone can take you seriously. I wonder if he's really given the A64/FX a try since they are fantastic processors...

Back