• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4.1 Replacement

TangledThorns

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
265
My very old Four Point Surround 4.1 speaker system has pretty much had it. Especially after my cat ate the speaker wires :mad:

I'm not audiophile but I do like hearing people try to sneak up behind me. Plus the 4.1 system came with its own stands.

Is there a new system that you can recommend that is easy to set up and has surround sound?
 
are the speaker wires proprietary? if they arnt you could always get new wire.. unless the speakers them selves are shot too. also have you thought about a headset? i find the subtle sounds when using a ehadset are much easier to hear and they are pretty good an simulating surround sound so you should still be able to tell if someone is behind you to the left or right ect.
 
Wildace, I'm thinking the headset route may be the best. I've had the 4.1 speakers since 1999, before 5.1 was popular. So I'll just use the two of the four speakers for whatever and a buy a nice headset for gaming. Any good recommendations? $100 is my budget. Thanks
 
im def not the person to ask about which headset to get because im not overly picky. aslong as i can tell what direction an enemy is coming from im happy and my cheap headset works fine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826289001

this is what im using right now and they work fine for me, i use them as the 3.5mm hooked upto my X-fi to simulate surround sound CMSS-3D not the optional USB 7.1 software drivers so i cant comment on how the software USB is for audio quality ect but its kinda nice it has both option if you sound card ever goes out. the mic sounds good also everyone can hear me clearly over TS. ive also never used the vibration function which i would assume is rather useless any way.

i havnt had any issues with that head set yet. but i would get someone elses opinion on what headset to get
 
I want a headset that its probably 5.1 so I can hear people sneaking up behind me. I bought a cheap stereo headset from Best Buy... awful experience.
 
I want a headset that its probably 5.1 so I can hear people sneaking up behind me. I bought a cheap stereo headset from Best Buy... awful experience.

did you use hardware simulated surround sound? cause i have a stereo headset but i can pinpoint exactly where a sound is coming from. my x-fi seems to do a pretty good job simulating surround sound.

the ones i have can even simulate 7.1 threw software with the USB plug. but i cant comment on its quality as i havnt tried it because like i said before i used the 3.5mm plug into my X-fi and let that process the sound for simulated surround sound
 
Back
Top