3xU2311H or 3xU2410 for DP Portrait Eyefinity

Tiporaro

[H]ard|Gawd
So, as the title says - I'm really leaning towards one of these two monitor setups for running display port portrait eyefinity. I'd either wait to find the U2311H's on sale direct from dell for ~250, or I can get the U2410's from craigslist NIB but without warranty for $200-225.

The price on the 24's sounds like a good deal, but I'm concerned about the lack of warranty and some of the comments on the tinting. I'll have the opportunity to check out the monitors for any stuck pixels/other defects before walking out with them, and of course I could always pick up a squaretrade warranty for an extra $25 or so per. But a) I'm not sure if squaretrade warranties will cover issues in quite the same way Dell warranties would, and b) it seems that some people say they actually favor the U2311's over the 2410.

So, thoughts? I'd hate to pass up what looks to be a fantastic deal on the 2410s, but it seems that people can be very polarized on these screens. Does it just come down to personal impression?

If the 24's are NIB why wouldn't the Dell 3 year warranty apply?

Back