3xDell 2209WA Eyefinity question

AlvinMaker

Limp Gawd
OK guys. I THOUGHT I had made a decision on my 3 panels for my new Eyefinity system build. I ordered 3 of the p2310h 24" displays from Dell last week. I figured I could return them if the TN angles were too bad. (and the price was right, 3 for 680).

Well, I recieved an email from Dell syaing although they showed in stock and should have been in this week, they are now in to the second week of January.

I was SERIOUSLY debating between these and the 2209WA x 3. I have seen some great reviews, and the IPS is of course attractive. I guess my main question is:

is the lower resolution x 3, at 5040x1050, an issue? I plan on doing mostly portrait gaming, i.e. Crysis, COD MW2, HL 2, etc... (I also do some video , photoshop work as a hobby).

I will be running a 5970, on an i7 920, if that helps.

I am VERY close to canceling with Dell and getting the 2209s. (I can score all 3 of them for not much more than the 24" TNs, and will actually get them in a few days). Just not sure if the 24" TN 5760x3240 VS. the 22" E-IPS 5040X1050 MAX is worth the tradeoff.

Seems like the color saturation/viewing angles may be worth the added couple bucks, although I lose full 1080p...Advice? :confused:

Marginal cost and marginal benefit: For an Eyefinity build I would surmise that the viewing angles from the 2209WA would be a plus. Also, without tax and shipping you should be able to email a dell rep from the 2209wa megathread and get the price for $212 which they're still honoring, x3 = $636.

According to ToastyX, in the aforementioned thread, the 2209wa accepts and downscales 1080p. Hopefully someone with eyefinity will be able to answer you, but I think 5040x1050 would be fine.

Alternatively you could watch the prices on EA231WMI-BK and or get one, then upgrade to eyefinity down the road.

well I think it's gonna be E-IPS . I just canceled the P2310Hs and am now on the prowl for the 2209WAs...(Dell can't seem to tell me that they have them or not...seems like web prices are around 200-250 between Amazon/Ebay).

I ask because I am considering the 2209WA, but if you go that route, how do you connect the 3rd monitor? Are there Display Port to DVI cables that maintain image quality and such?

The Dell ACTIVE adaptor, from what I understand , is the one to go with.

The whole reason I went for the p2310hs in the first place was because they were native DP monitors.(and in my price range...I am REALLY trying to do all 3 for under 1000.00).

I've looked at the NEC 231wmi as well - I am not sure I like the bezels on those , though. I'd like to see 3 of them together to see how they look in Eyefinity. (I''ve seen the 3 2209was, and honestly, it is what made me take the leap to Eyefinity in the first place!).

Where did you buy the P2310? Dell home or small business?

I was just about to place my order for the P2310 on Dell Small business but didnt know they were backordered.:mad:

I just ordered the 5870 from Tigerdirect and was super excited until I saw this thread.

Dell small business. It bugged me they couldn't tell me if if the 2209was would ship any faster. All I could get out of them is there is SOME part they are short on supply on and that is what is holding up the displays.

I jsut had an irking feeling it wouldn't be the first delay...call it a sign to go IPS :cool:

Where did you buy the P2310? Dell home or small business?

I was just about to place my order for the P2310 on Dell Small business but didnt know they were backordered.:mad:

I just ordered the 5870 from Tigerdirect and was super excited until I saw this thread.

I am ordering 3 P2310 already ordered one, told me it will not ship tell the 6th of 2010 :mad:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DIDn'T tell me that tell 2 days after I ordered it

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

But hey they gladly took my money :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's the problem I had...website showed it would ship and be here on or before Dec 17th, so I ordered 3 right away... then I get an email ON the 17th stating it would be January 6th...

Not pleased. It was RELATIVELY easy to cancel, thank goodness...

Why arent you buying the P2210H? Isnt this a new LCD? and it has display port as well

That's, from what I understand, the 22" version of the 2310h. It's a TN, and I am thinking I don't want the angle issues since these will be in portrait mode most of the time.

Back