• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3x3870 in CrossfireX

Ch1mp

n00b
Joined
Mar 21, 2008
Messages
5
What is the performance like for 3x3870 in CrossfireX as opposed to a 3870+3870X2 configuration - or is it the same?

Currently got an HIS IceQ3 3870 (850Mhz/2.38GHz stock), wondering how 3 of these would perform?
 
Yep I also believe H did add this comparison in their GX2 review. I do wonder if there is any benefit to the upped clock, and gddr4 vs the gddr3 though on the single 3870's vs the x2's.
 
Yep I also believe H did add this comparison in their GX2 review. I do wonder if there is any benefit to the upped clock, and gddr4 vs the gddr3 though on the single 3870's vs the x2's.

[H] compared the GX2 to one 3780X2, not 3 3870's or a 3870X2 and 3870.
 
Yep I also believe H did add this comparison in their GX2 review. I do wonder if there is any benefit to the upped clock, and gddr4 vs the gddr3 though on the single 3870's vs the x2's.
Exactly, this could be interesting. But, there do no appear to be any reviews on this.
 
But the caption states that there is only 256mb of ram for that card. I hope its wrong. That would be worse than what they did to the GX2 and its 256mb bus.
 
3gpus? We haven't even perfected 2 gpus yet, why the fuck are we moving on to 3?

This is like us moving on to DDR3. Shit is just getting silly now.
 
Back
Top