• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3x Eyefinity + 2x normal?

oldpablo

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
6,352
Backstory, I got 3x LCD's that can go vertical in case I ever wanted to play games that way. It turns out games based on the Unreal engine in many cases only work with vertical LCDs because of the way the engine works. However I'd rather not have to flip them back and forth regularly whenever I want to do something in landscape (so far I prefer windows usage in landscape). So my question is, if I setup three vertical monitors in the center and then have one regular landscape on each side for my regular windows work, can I still launch games in the "eyefinity area" while maintaining regular windows on the sides? Or does it need to be all eyefinity or nothing?

The answer is probably here somewhere but I couldn't find the right combination of keywords to find it. I suppose I could test it myself, but that's a lot of desk rearranging and LCD moving if there's a quick answer out there.
 
I just tested this with 3 monitors on a horizontal Eyefinity setup, and 3 other monitors off to the side not in the group, and everything worked fine. Windows treated the Eyefinity group as a single monitor, and the other 3 monitors as independent ones, just as normally expected when adding additional monitors.

So anyways I'd assume it will work in portrait mode also.
 
Back
Top