3rd Party Vendors...is there a difference?

Stroker

Limp Gawd
So I've always had the impression they were pretty much all the same, so I just went by color scheme and price when choosing between them...is there a difference between them? what do the vendors actually do to the cards?
thanks

What manufacturers are you looking at?

BFG, EVGA and XFX i know for sure have lifetime warranty's. The big difference is BFG allows no over or underclocking and using an aftermarket HSF voids thier warranty. I believe XFX allows overclocking (Not 100% never owned XFX) but does not allow changing the HSF. EVGA allows overclocking and you can put on an aftermarket HSF without voiding your warranty (If you need to RMA you would have to put old HSF on).

On top of that EVGA has the step up program where if you buy an eligable card you have 90 days and you can upgrade your card to a different one with full credit for your card going towards the new one.

I would definitely recommend EVGA.

Ditto what pfunkman said. Also, XFX's best cards offer the most aggressive factory overclocks. eVGA overclocks pretty high, too, but XFX can get pretty insane (7950GT at 610MHz/1600MHz, for example). BFG doesn't go as high, despite their advertising.

Stick with one of the big three and you should be fine. I have always had great luck with BFG myself, but pfunkman brings ups some good points on the others. I wish BFG had the upgrade program, my 7900GTX would have been a 8800GTX in no time! ;)

Back