3DS Battery life

Chevaliers

n00b
So disappointed… Read today that the Nintendo 3DS *max* batter life span is 3,5 hours. Wtf! Can we use extra battery packs or something?

that's unacceptable, the Nintendo DS has a pretty good battery life, and the PSP lasts for 6 hours at least.

just turn off 3d mode
it's really nothing more than gimmick imo

it that even possible? I mean, the engadget review never mentioned anything of the sort, but did try wifi enabled/disabled for their battery tests...

Guess I'll wait a year until the "3DS Lite" (or whatever other inevitable re-design comes) comes out and fixes the issue :p.

Is this really surprising? Its much faster than the DS lite with 3D and larger screens. Just buy the Nyko replacement pack.

Shit you should try living with an HTC sprint phone while using 4G , MAYBE 2 hours of lite usage before you gotta charge. I can deal with 3.5.

I just got a DSi XL for Xmas from my girlfriend and the battery life in it is amazing. I haven't had it die on me but once, and that was after two days of casual gaming here and there. I'm waiting for the PSP2/NGP/whatever.

that is pretty disapointing. few years ago I flew out of Dulles to CA (forget where) and I used my DS lite the whole day to watch anime and play games. That included the lay overs for connections. Greatest little machine I think.

I don't think anything like this should be surprising.
wink.gif
So far most of the gadgets i have, are so short on battery life especially once 3g or wifi connectivity is activated. Yeah i agree psp has longer life but i had to change the battery eventually over 2 year period.

Well, you can beat they will release an "updated 3DS" model that will include "longer lasting battery life" like they've done with pretty much every handheld they've produced.

is that with or without 3d features turned on? If it's without imagine how shit itll be once you turn them on and have that sucking up power.

I would think there would be another battery pack that you can buy and use it for the DS that is better than the original one.

Back