3dmark2003 scores low?

Spearboy

Limp Gawd
is ~4900 or score low for a
2.8e @ 3.0 on abit ic7 mobo
pc3200 ddr (forget brand, not at home right now)
ati 9800pro 128 not oc'd

just checking to see if you guys think this is low for the system i have stated

Chipset drivers
Newst vid drivers
Properly installed OS and drivers (OS -> Chipset drivers -> Windows Update/DX9 -> ATI Cats (latest!) -> Bench)

Edit: er, yeah, that is definitely low. Should be up another 500-1500 marks.

Does it actually make a difference which order you install drivers. cause i believe i did o/s -> sp1 -> ati drivers dont think i installed my chipset drivers. it was 2am last night a i was tired so its hard to tell. will the updated drivers from website for both chipset and video card make much difference?

YES!

The most common reason why people have low 3DMark scores is the lack of or old version of chipset drivers installed!

Almost every other thread on this reports the same.

Install your chipset drivers and latest video drivers (cats).

If that doesn't help, reinstall Windows.

ok, and just for peace of mind, is it stickied somewhere that you should always have latest drivers, because they make a big difference. i know its good to always have the latest, but i didnt know it made a big difference. just something to be added to a stick if it isnt. sorry if it has been posted, i really did read the stickies, hence the post, my score seemed low.

Originally posted by Spearboy
ok, and just for peace of mind, is it stickied somewhere that you should always have latest drivers, because they make a big difference. i know its good to always have the latest, but i didnt know it made a big difference. just something to be added to a stick if it isnt. sorry if it has been posted, i really did read the stickies, hence the post, my score seemed low.

Nah, I think it's assumed common knowledge :p

Now it is for you, too! :p

Back