• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3DMark2001 Score

Blinkme323

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
1,666
Hi guys, I got an almost 3 year old, once top of the line, CAD machine. I am going to be doing all of my gaming on it, including Doom 3 and HL2. I am waiting for my TI4600 to arrive, so I tested it now. Here are my specs:

Operating System Microsoft Windows 2000
DirectX Version 9.0
Mobo ASUS A7M266
AGP Rates 4x
CPU Athlon 1800 @ 1670 MHz
FSB 144 MHz
Memory 640 MB PC 2100
Graphics Chipset ATI RADEON 9100 Series
Driver Name VISIONTEK XTASY RADEON 9100
Driver Version Cat 5.1
Video Memory 64 MB 128 bit

I ran the test at default which was:

Program Version 3DMark2001 SE
Resolution 1024x768 32bit
Texture Format Compressed
FSAA Disabled
Z-Buffer Depth 24bit
Frame Buffer Double
Rendering Pipeline D3D Pure Hardware T&L

I got a score of 8405. Is this a good score? I have very few background programs and my system is tweaked pretty good (I think). My bios has AGP Aperture at 128 and is in turbo mode. My pci latency is 64 and my bus is overclocked from 133 to 145. My video card isn't overclocked, it is at 250/250. It can go up to 280/270 though. Is this system decent enough to run those games, once I get my TI4600? Is there anything I can improve? And, how much should my score be once I put the TI4600 in? Thanks!
 
ti4600s are like 13-15k IIRC...damn that was a while ago
 
i get 800x600 medium setting doom3 demo on a 2ghz P4 non HT 400fsb with a ti4600
i get 1024x768 medium settings on HL2, id suspect you would get even less because AXP's are horrible gamers....escpicially at such a low clock

edit: it uses 512mb pc2100
 
isp said:
ti4600s are like 13-15k IIRC...damn that was a while ago


they were but his cpu is lacking and pc2100, 3dmark 2k1 loves that memory bandwidth
 
10652

-Abit Kv8 Pro Socket 754
-AMD64 2.2Ghz
-1GB pc3200
-80GB 7200rpm IDE drive
-GF PNY 5200 ultra FX (350/670)
 
Back
Top