• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3dmark05

GFreeman9

Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
643
I have been getting lower scores in 3dmark05 since I got my extra gig of RAM. I tested it out with the same gpu speeds, but I cannot do the same with the cpu. When I try to have the cpu @ (313x9) it won't run. Although with my cpu at its new configuration it scores higher in the cpu test than the other times. Would another gig of RAM be bottlenecking my performance in 3dmark05? That would be kinda strange...
 
Well yeah but why would I get a worse score if I have my video card at the same clock settings?
 
the gig of ram is probably running at slower timings than the less dense ram, therefore your ram bandwidth is lower = lower score.

Check the ram timings. You might even have 2T ram which reduces the bandwidth quite a bit.
 
The DIMMs are identical and I control the timings through BIOS so they have the exact same timings.
 
take the ram out and see if the score goes back up

if so then the extra ram is making your ram run at a slower speed
 
not all ram timings/settings are controlled in BIOS.

There are tons of other settings, like PAT, command per clock, etc... and some are automatically controlled!!

I remember on some boards when you use more dimms/sides (double sided vs single sided dimms) the BIOS automatically uses a compatibility mode. (slower timings)
 
Back
Top