• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

3dMark05 Video Memory Error?

Bradish

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
126
I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to what could be the cause of recieving this error:

IDirect3DDevice9:: DrawIndexedPrimitive failed: Out of video memory (D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY)

It varies when i get it, sometimes after the first test and sometimes in the middle of the second...

I am using a Sapphire Radeon 9500 np Softmodded w/ 4.9 cat's and currently clocked at 3335/301 which is way below my high clock (391/315)

I am getting no artifacts, only the test closing and this error poping up.. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Brad
 
I could not run it correctly untill I reinstalled DX and reinstaled new drivers, including hotfix. I ran everthing elses with out a hitch.....this baby is picky.

So, use a driver uinstaller..reinstall fresh drivers, with hotfix. And reinstall DX9.

It is worth a shot. :)
 
2Fresh said:
I could not run it correctly untill I reinstalled DX and reinstaled new drivers, including hotfix. I ran everthing elses with out a hitch.....this baby is picky.

So, use a driver uinstaller..reinstall fresh drivers, with hotfix. And reinstall DX9.

It is worth a shot. :)
Hey thanks for the reply...

Well I just installed the drivers right before the test so i think they would be ok, but I'll try the re-install of DX;)
 
That is what got me. I could run the test but it would mess up. Reinstall fo DX cured it. The fesh drivres just boosted me bit. I am still only at 4300. I dont get how these guys are oc'ing their xt/ps's so far. Guess it is TEC time.
 
Hmm I found that if I just close the application and restart it, then the error will not come back... Interesting...

But now I am on to a new problem... I need an OC'ing application that will let me clock beyond 373 core (Rage3D tweak tops out there) Because I have reached it with out any artifacts, so you know, since I'm here why not do some more? :D
 
Your 9500 is a 64MB or 128MB memory? 3DMark05 requires atlest 128MB AGP with DX9 Complete Support.
 
Poison said:
Your 9500 is a 64MB or 128MB memory? 3DMark05 requires atlest 128MB AGP with DX9 Complete Support.
Ahh good question, It is a 128MB card...
 
Back
Top