• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

3dmark05 cpu crazy score

chuckm1020

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 12, 2003
Messages
1,175
I just formated, before i formated i got ususally around 4800, but now look at the cpu-score. im not complaining, but why such an increase.
4191b949b136c.jpg
 
I don't think that's too strange, considering you just re-formatted and it appears you are using winXP, had you cleaned out your prefetch, had no programs running & generally optimalized your install before? Re-installing = teh awesome... for benchmarks & general "cleanliness". :D
 
Yeah. Reformatting tends to make a big difference. Just don't be too disappointed when it "sinks back in" to where it was before...
 
If you had gotten your comp from Michael's Computers, your scores would already be 4 times that amount...
 
Synful Serenity said:
If you had gotten your comp from Michael's Computers, your scores would already be 4 times that amount...

No kidding. That article Tom's did on those guys kicked ass.
 
chuckm1020 said:
I just formated, before i formated i got ususally around 4800, but now look at the cpu-score. im not complaining, but why such an increase.

d00d that's only a 5.9% difference. I sometime *feel* like I've gained up to a 20% performance increase after a clean install. :D

I believe that the published margin of error for the 3Dmark benches is greater than 6%
 
lol, guess I missed that article. Wonder where he gets those "special" FX-51 3400+ processors.
 
Ah, the whole Michael's COmputers thing is still funny. And I like Tom's Hardware. They tend to give Intel a little more than their fair due at times, but I feel they are very informative and attempt to be objective. Between them, HardOCP, Sharky Extreme, and Anandtech I feel I get a fairly good view of things...

As for the 3DMark05 well it is within the 5% or so of variance, but nice all the same...
 
haha 4 sec boot time? i cant even do that from standby, and .19 db rating? thats virtually fanless
 
Back
Top