3DMark Vantage and CrossfireX'd 5870

caw2007

[H]ard|Gawd
I know, 3DMark is not the end all be all of GPU benchmarks. I am having a really odd issue though.

No matter what level I run 3DMark at I see this weird effect where the water textures leap up and defy "gravity" obstructing the rest of the scene going on. It's freaky and I will try to get a pic. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm seeing review sites say they get these massive scores but this is crazyness. Specs in the sig below, but add a Diamond HD5870 for Crossfire..

I know, 3DMark is not the end all be all of GPU benchmarks. I am having a really odd issue though.

No matter what level I run 3DMark at I see this weird effect where the water textures leap up and defy "gravity" obstructing the rest of the scene going on. It's freaky and I will try to get a pic. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm seeing review sites say they get these massive scores but this is crazyness. Specs in the sig below, but add a Diamond HD5870 for Crossfire..

I did NOT get this effect with (2) XFX 5870's. Everything ran fine and looked the way it should. What drivers are you using? I tried it on the 9.11 betas

Maybe you have to much GPU power and your eye's can not handle it ?

I can help you out i'll take one of them 5870's of your hands :p I don't want you to damage your eye's. :D

Yep i have gotten this too. It seems to be a driver issue, but i have uninstalled drivers multiple times and used driversweeper before reinstalling. I managed to fix it once, but then I installed the 9.10's and haven't been able to get rid of it.

Back