3dmark 2k5 and 2k6 Crashing

DaLurker

[H]ard|Gawd
So yesterday I finally got my watercooling done on my rig (see sig.) and decided to try to overclock my 7800GTX's. But before that, I decided to run 3dmark 2k5 and 2k6 to get a reference to what scores I'm getting at stock.

To my suprise, my computer keeps crashing out between Test 1 and Test 2. The whole system doesn't lock up but 3dmark ends with a windows error.

I then tried 2k6 and at the splash screen, it will cause a bluescreen and reboot. The system is 100% stable (prime95 for 50 hours, 3dmark 2k1 looping for 6 hours) and plays HL2, BF2, and Oblivion fine.

The complete specs are in my signature. I'm running both nVidia reference 84.21 drivers and reference nForce 6.85. OS is Windows XP.

Any help would be great! Thanks :)

well to be 100% sure and if u dont want to underclock your CPU, u just have to install windows from scratch, that is install windows in an empty HD with no windows directories or files, a simple system restore would not do! once u got windows up and running install your 3dmarks, get the lastest patches, do not install any of those tweaking appz just yet first test your vid cards at stock speed to run the benches, they should run well. if they dont then underclock your cpu till they dont crash.

Ahh, found out why. Turns out my old installation of Riva Tuner was still hanging around from when I had my X800GTO2. After uinstalling it, 3dmark 2k5 and 2k6 don't crash anymore :D

Back