3DMark 2005 released!

woot! Fear me and my super high score of 936! AT times I got all the way up to the crazy insane level of 7 frames per second! WOW

rancor said:
They did not? it also increase the x800xt pcie scores too. from below 4400 to past 5700

And why are these drivers hurting 03 scores and all other games aswell?

http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/software/2004/3dmark05_der_performance-report/9/

Thier bug theory about the agp only bus doesn't hold :D

I used babel fish to translate that article and a slower clocked X800XT PCIe beat the higher clocked X800XT PE by 500 points using the same drivers. So the AGP 256 MB bug had to have had an impact on the benchmarks with the old drivers.

yes but the scores are still very close the 4.11 also increase the x800xt pci-e to above 5500, its not just a bug in the agp cards as you stated.

Secondly, if you look at the effects of these drivers, why are the other scores going down on 3dmark03, and other games?

There should be a similiar increase in Doom 3 (at high aa and af) if the bug was truely a memory allocation problem with 256 mb ATi cards, and this would have shown in the 9800xt's and pros. Also in 3dmark03 in the Nature level as well. Since that level has high geomteric and alpha levels.

is an R420 card needed to get Cat. AI and that instancing thing? i don't have the settings, but remember someone showing results w/ and w/o on a 9800pro.

UberL33tjarad said:
is an R420 card needed to get Cat. AI and that instancing thing? i don't have the settings, but remember someone showing results w/ and w/o on a 9800pro.

AI will work on the r300's, and no instancing though

rancor said:
AI will work on the r300's, and no instancing though

where's mine? i just reinstalled the drivers, too.
ahh.jpg

omg no way am I downloading this - It will make me buy a new video card by the end of the week

rancor said:
yes but the scores are still very close the 4.11 also increase the x800xt pci-e to above 5500, its not just a bug in the agp cards as you stated.

Secondly, if you look at the effects of these drivers, why are the other scores going down on 3dmark03, and other games?

There should be a similiar increase in Doom 3 (at high aa and af) if the bug was truely a memory allocation problem with 256 mb ATi cards, and this would have shown in the 9800xt's and pros. Also in 3dmark03 in the Nature level as well. Since that level has high geomteric and alpha levels.

Yes that would indicate that it is not just a bug with AGP cards, but that the bug effected AGP cards a lot more since PCIe can transfer textures from main system memory much faster. I was only stating it was a AGP bug because that's what I read elsewhere. In 3Dmark 03 you won't see any difference because it doesn't use 256MB of memory.

So what the 3Dmark results indicate is that the bug was with 256MB cards both PCIe and AGP, but it effected AGP cards much more because AGP can't transfer textures as fast.

UberL33tjarad said:
where's mine? i just reinstalled the drivers, too.
ahh.jpg

I don't think they work for the 9700's, just the 9800s and up, I don't have either of the cards, but thats what I heard.

I wouldn't know about increases in performance, but scores definitely tend to increase or decrease. I'm about to try 66.70 right now. I remember when I tried out a set of drivers for my GeForce3 some couple of years ago, my 3DMark01 score went up at least 1000 points.

I noticed something funny with this new benchmark.

I have a NF7-S with and AMD2500+@ 2205 (200mhz fsb) & 512mb Ram and a BBA
9600 Pro@ 465/330.
I got a CPU Score of 3937.

When i was looking at others benchmarks i found this one.

Asus A8V Deluxe/AMD 64 @2203 mhz/2048mb Ram/200mhz FSB/BBA 9800XT @412/364

His CPU Score was 3062!

I find this strange that my old NF2 with a 2500+ can beat a top notch AMD64
in this benchmark. Have you found anything like this as well?

we are both using the 6.14.10.6476 ATI Drivers not that it matters.

thanks

Jim Owens
Pensacola, FL
(Hurricane Country)

Lord Talibano said:
Wow they already are starting with the driver OPT's , and the thing just came out today .
No wonder [H] could care less about it.
They didn't even advertize the lauch in their news listing. (Not professional IMO)
Now they want you to pay 20$ for the other half of the pretty demo?
LOL
Sure lets all pay 20 bucks to feel depressed about how our system performs , and then spend another 500 on faster parts to feel less impotent.
Marketing is evil , and should be ilegal.

exactly

people shouldn't feel depressed over their scores

unless they bought their video card solely for the purpose of running 3dmark

me, i use my video card to play games, so game performance is what matters most to me

forcemac101 said:
man, just looking at techreports results, 10 FPS sec (in some tests) on my GT is what I can expect....and thought I had a king ding a ling of a video card.....

in real games, you do....

Quoted from Driverhaven.com

3DMark05 uses an all new engine, long gone is the MAX-FX engine used in 3DMark01, in 3Dmark05 the engine, like games, uses the CPU to prepare and optimise the content that will be rendered by your graphics hardware

I just wanted to stop back to let everyone know that I have updated the [H]ard ORB with a 3DMark05 Top 10....so everyone get over and submit those scores. :cool:

Well, I've ran this now.

It is very pretty, that is for sure, a very nice 3D demo, though the demo part isn't as engaging as 3dmark99, 3dmark2000 and 2001 was. But the graphics are very pretty for sure. The ending credits music is pretty good.

But that's about all that this application is useful for, a nice 3D demo.

I’ll still rely on games and game engines to tell me what kind of performance I’ll see in games and games based on those engines.

Particleman said:
Yes that would indicate that it is not just a bug with AGP cards, but that the bug effected AGP cards a lot more since PCIe can transfer textures from main system memory much faster. I was only stating it was a AGP bug because that's what I read elsewhere. In 3Dmark 03 you won't see any difference because it doesn't use 256MB of memory.

So what the 3Dmark results indicate is that the bug was with 256MB cards both PCIe and AGP, but it effected AGP cards much more because AGP can't transfer textures as fast.

Its not transfering textures from the system mem to the regular mem, just no way, you wouldn't get even 17 fps. Plus if it was the bus, the scores will be almost identical to the Pro, anyhow as Brent is saying its just a nice 3d demo

Hmmm... I think I'm gonna be looking for around 2500 after looking at these scores...

P4 2.8B @ 3.4 (stock volts) Thank you nature cooling :D
Radeon 9500 Np Softmodded (391/315)
Kingston Hyper X Pc4000 512MB
Abit IT-7 MAX2 Ver.2
I got 5639 in 3dmark 03... Is around 2500 a fesable score?

Btw, If someone could point me to the best drivers for me, please do so, it would be much apprieciated...

Thx,
Brad

Brent_Justice said:
Well, I've ran this now.

It is very pretty, that is for sure, a very nice 3D demo, though the demo part isn't as engaging as 3dmark99, 3dmark2000 and 2001 was. But the graphics are very pretty for sure. The ending credits music is pretty good.

But that's about all that this application is useful for, a nice 3D demo.

I’ll still rely on games and game engines to tell me what kind of performance I’ll see in games and games based on those engines.

It's also good for testing your OC. But yes, outside of that it is rather useless. I find it funny how ATI was bitching about benchmarks in their leaked slides yet they released a beta patch [which breaks KOTOR] for 3dmark05.

The Batman said:
It's also good for testing your OC. But yes, outside of that it is rather useless. I find it funny how ATI was bitching about benchmarks in their leaked slides yet they released a beta patch [which breaks KOTOR] for 3dmark05.

I agree, it's usefull for testing overclocks and driver changes.....but some of us also like to have a litle bit of healthy competition with our scores. ;) :D

Get goin' ppl I've seen quite a few scores posted up in this thread already....get over to our ORB and solildify your spot on the Top10....for a whole day or two. ;)

Back