3dmark 06 score

• Thread starter Deleted member 109755
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109755

I just benched this system for the first time in 3d mark 06, the resulting score was 7231.

My specs are in my signature, any opinions, good or bad for what I have?

Stock CPU clock 1.86Ghz , pre-oc'd 7800GTX's 450/1250..

I just benched this system for the first time in 3d mark 06, the resulting score was 7231.

To give you an idea. I scored something like 3900 give or take with a single 7600GS 600core/1500memory using a single core 3.4 prescott. So your almost double which is pretty slick! in 05 I scored 6130 so you got me beat there too.

Seems about right. My top score in '06 is 8290. (Opteron 175 @ 2.65ghz, 7800GTX SLI @ 500/1350mhz). The CPU makes a big difference. I also turned on all optimisations in the nvidia panel and closed down as many windows processes & services as possible (even explorer.exe). I usually get about 7900-8000 points under normal conditions.

Yeah, if you compare it to the score and specs in my sig you are doing just fine...

Uh, ok

Funny I just enabled the profile for 3d mark 06 and it dropped the score 2 points, lol.

lol whats the point of this thread again? You can compare your result with another system with same/similar specs right on the futuremark website..

well... when your version of 3d mark came free as a bindle with a mobo... it doesnt let you do everything. so far it only limits seeing other peoples scores...

15,600 Check my sig. Sometimes overkill does pay but 3DMark does not mean anything. It is always about what you get out of your system. In my case, I am quite happy:D

yeah ok. i honestly dont see why people are SLI'ing 8800 gtx's. what could you possibly need 2 for. 1 does the job for me. unless they really enjoy high 3dmark scores... haha!

what setting did you use to get your score in 3dmark? just the defaults?

Well I don't usually care about 3d mark but I was just curious..

15,600 Check my sig. Sometimes overkill does pay but 3DMark does not mean anything. It is always about what you get out of your system. In my case, I am quite happy:D

That's all you're getting with SLI 8800GTX??? And you even have them watercooled?! Little low IMO. I'm getting over 13K with one 8800GTX alone.

That's all you're getting with SLI 8800GTX??? And you even have them watercooled?! Little low IMO. I'm getting over 13K with one 8800GTX alone.

QFT I was getting 13K with one. now that I got SLI I get 18K. I ordered 2 of the EK waterblocks before they ran out today and plan to overclock hehe.

so you all are getting these 3d mark scores of 13,000 or 18,000....

At what res?

look at my specs and tell me that i shouldnt be getting the same as you all? you cant.

i run 3d mark a all defaults and a res off 1280 1024. its not my native res but its all straight defaults.

so you all are getting these 3d mark scores of 13,000 or 18,000....

At what res?

look at my specs and tell me that i shouldnt be getting the same as you all? you cant.

i run 3d mark a all defaults and a res off 1280 1024. its not my native res but its all straight defaults.
Yeah, at default settings, look: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=1709635

Btw, the guy with 18K is with SLI, so don't worry about going that high.

I was getting JUST under 5k with a heavily OC'd 7800GTX when I first bought my Conroe (1.86ghz E6300)

Now I'm scoring 11461 with my 8800GTS and new driverset :)

Straight defaults on the program.

Colby, do a fresh format with the new drivers... I gained 1100pts from that :) Even the special Drivercleaner method didn't net me the points a format did.

That doesn't seem right to me...why am i getting 2000 points over that, is it because i'm in SLI, was your setup 1 single 7800GTX?

You need to over clock your e6300. When I had my SLI 7900gs setup I scored 8200 and they weren't even over clocked. I am pretty sure 7800gtx > 7900gs but I still don't know - checked newegg and they are about $100 more than the 7900gs so I assume its better - you should be getting higher scores. I am also quite certain you would if your cpu was clocked higher. I got 2700 for my CPU score.

Hmm, interesting..only picked up 500 points by getting an 8800GTS 640 MB...depressing!!

Pff. Almost the same specs and yet i get a better score. :p
3dmark06io2.png

3dmark06io2.png

I just bought another GTX and running SLI under Vista Ultimate 32bit. I am only getting 14.6k at default and 13.9k at 1920x1200. This is disappointing for I was getting 13K from just one GTX before at default, overclocked of course.
What kind of settings do you have in the Nvidia Control Panel?

How do you go about overclocking both GTX at the same time? I've noticed that when I used nTune, it only overclock one of the GTX. Using ATI Tool does the same thing. RivaTuner only let me overclock one of the GTX as well.

How do you go about overclocking both GTX at the same time? I've noticed that when I used nTune, it only overclock one of the GTX. Using ATI Tool does the same thing. RivaTuner only let me overclock one of the GTX as well.

I bios overclock both of my cards :rolleyes:

I just bought another GTX and running SLI under Vista Ultimate 32bit. I am only getting 14.6k at default and 13.9k at 1920x1200. This is disappointing for I was getting 13K from just one GTX before at default, overclocked of course.
What kind of settings do you have in the Nvidia Control Panel?

Don't both cards have to run at the same settings? So won't it OC both at the same time in those programs?

I don't run SLI myself so not sure on those.

I bios overclock both of my cards :rolleyes:

The new card I just picked up, I am not sure what's it limit is...My other card is in a water loop now, so it's a pain to take it out to test the new card. I am gonna have to wait until my other Danger Den water block arrive before I can test it then.

Don't both cards have to run at the same settings? So won't it OC both at the same time in those programs?

I don't run SLI myself so not sure on those.

When I used nTune or ATI Tools, it overclocked the new card only. I see this in RivaTuner Hardware monitor. RiverTuner will overclock the old card only and will not let me over the new card now. But there have got to be another way, besides flashing the BIOS of the cards. BTW, one is an eVGA and the new one is a PNY. Anyone with SLI that is overclocking, please give advice. Also, when I look at the detail screen in 3DMark06, it says linked adapter is false? Is this normal for SLI setups?

3dmark06io2.png

The 15.6 was a while back and I am running Vista 64. If I switch to XP64 I get 18.8 with the latest drivers and very little OC'ing. Now that the three day weekend is here I will push these cards and post my results Monday. However I still believe that XP64 will out perform Vista 64.

Well I figured out my problem with my 3d mark scores, my cpu was bottlenecking me hardcore...I'm now OC'd to 3.15 Ghz and 1150 Mhz ram, i get much higher scores now.

10735 for 06,
17772 for 05.

Back