• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3dmark 05 results

doox00

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 28, 2005
Messages
3,479
I just built my new system last week, it consists of

a64 3500+ venice
2gb crucial pc3200 (2x1gb)
xfx 7800gt
dfi lanparty ut ultra-d
ocz powerstream 520
still using old ide hdd's 80gb 7200 8mb cache wd and a 200gb wd 7200rpm 8mb cache
sb audigy 2 zs

I have it oc'd to 2475mhz by just raising the fsb, no other changes other than a little more cpu vcore.

I got a 7188 3dmark 05 score.. is this about where I ought to be with the system specs I am running?
 
Are you sure? because i got a little over 8000 with my 6800GTOC :confused:

i was using the gaming rig in my sig
 
I am using latest drivers, for chipset, video card etc... plus I did not change any settings in the video drivers, all default. Video card has not been overclocked. I do not remember what I got with my 6800 ultra oc and my p4 3.2ghz in 3dmark 05.
 
hmmm, well i know close to nothing on this subject, but obviously make sure to be running nothing else when running 3dmark, and maybe restart before running it so that the system temps are fresh and such. . .nothing else from me, you will need more professional help
 
he calls shenanegans, because it's unusual (BS) for you to score over 8000 with a 6800.

To the OP, that is an extremely good 3dmark05 score for a stock 7800GT. On an X2 4200 @2.5ghz, with the same card, I get around 6900. With my GT overclocked to 492/1180 (CPU at stock 2.2) I get 7700. So yeah, 8000 on a 6800 without SLI is probably not true.
 
Why is an OC'd 6800 ultra scoring that close to a 7800Gt?
Is there not that much difference between the two cards?
Nevermind.. I completely zoned out.. 1K difference..
 
jonesmaster said:
he calls shenanegans, because it's unusual (BS) for you to score over 8000 with a 6800.

To the OP, that is an extremely good 3dmark05 score for a stock 7800GT. On an X2 4200 @2.5ghz, with the same card, I get around 6900. With my GT overclocked to 492/1180 (CPU at stock 2.2) I get 7700. So yeah, 8000 on a 6800 without SLI is probably not true.

Thats exactly what I meant. I do get 7200 with my stock 7800gt btw.
But 8000 with a 6800gt meh :rolleyes:
 
oh ya. . .that's my bad :( , only around 5600 heh heh heh, seriously though didn't mean to give false info, ignore all my other posts =P
 
Score looks about right to me. You could easily get it a good deal higher with some vid card OC's tho.
 
Back
Top