3D Mark $5 [Steam]

Yeah grabbed it earlier. Worth it for the ability to configure the benchmarks. It was really annoying with the free version to constantly go through the demo parts. Still I have to say, I don't understand why they have to do the systeminfo stuff every time you run a benchmark. That should be configurable to once per start of the program.

so Steam runs in the background during the benchmark?...won't that effect the results?

so Steam runs in the background during the benchmark?...won't that effect the results?

3DMark focuses on the GPU, and as long as Steam is in the background, it will be using basically no graphics power. So, pretty much no.

If you want, you can grab the Key from steam, then install the stand alone version and use your key on that and not run Steam.

Got it myself, already had 11, but wanted to get this one for the 1440p.

Paid this price last year, great deal when benchmarking or comparing new gpu's.

He meant to buy the Steam version, download it first, right click on 3d Mark's entry in your steam, there should be a view CD-key option, copy the key, and uninstall steam's version

Then go to 3dMark's website, download their version, install it and key in the key you got from steam, and done, 3d Mark without needing steam to be active.

He meant to buy the Steam version, download it first, right click on 3d Mark's entry in your steam, there should be a view CD-key option, copy the key, and uninstall steam's version

Then go to 3dMark's website, download their version, install it and key in the key you got from steam, and done, 3d Mark without needing steam to be active.

thanks mate

Offtopic and no offense meant, but are these things not adding up for anyone else?

2+2=5?:cool:

Its a bechmark, this has been around since like.....2002-ish?

I bought this, but it isn't showing up in my steam library :mad: I'll look at it more tomorrow.

It's under software section.

On top of your list of games, there is a 'Games (X)' where X is the number of games you own. Click on that, there is a drop down menu, select software, and voila.

As someone who has been running benchmarks on and off for the last 15 years, the nice thing about 3dMark is that it is dead simple to run and configure. A lot of "real" game benchmarks take forever to setup and are not easy to run (provided you can even find info on how to do this). $5 is well worth my time. There are very few others like Heaven which is free and also easy to configure and run but $5 is very little to ask for variety.

It's under software section.

On top of your list of games, there is a 'Games (X)' where X is the number of games you own. Click on that, there is a drop down menu, select software, and voila.

Thanks, I was wondering this too. The only way I could find it was to look it up on the store page.

This is the only non-game app I ever bought from Steam. It is worth the $5 IMO if you want to benchmark your video cards. I got some good results comparing my previous AMD 7770 with my now current GTX 770. Just remember this app won't show up in the Games library. That threw me initially for just a moment.

Find its a good program to see how much more performance I'm getting from over clocking my gpu's. Also to see if there stable.

why would anyone pay for a benchmark? pointless IMO unless you are a reviewer

why would anyone pay for a benchmark? pointless IMO unless you are a reviewer

It can be helpful for new computers and overclocking graphics cards. Particularly checking for artifacts. It's also really good for me as I have multiple systems, and I like to be able to gauge the power differences between them/what settings are best.

I grabbed it last year for like $3.

Back