3D Mark 2001SE Question

xomegax

Weaksauce
Ok, I had a AIW 9700pro that just died and I use to get around 16900ish, and I just recently got a 9800pro to replace it. The problem is, I only get 16200.. any idea why I would drop so much instead of going up? Thanks for any input.

What are your system specs?

What drivers are you using?

Did you completely uninstall the iold drivers and use Driver Cleaner to clear them all out?

Be a little more specific so we can help you out.

I did a fresh install of windows, specs are:

IC7-MAX3
P4 2.8
1 Gig of Kingston Hyper-X PC3500 (dual channel)
ATi Radeon 9800pro stock, cat 3.9
WD 120GIG SE 7200rpm

Originally posted by xomegax
I did a fresh install of windows, specs are:

IC7-MAX3
P4 2.8
1 Gig of Kingston Hyper-X PC3500 (dual channel)
ATi Radeon 9800pro stock, cat 3.9
WD 120GIG SE 7200rpm

Did you install your Chipset drivers? Check to see if AGP Texture Acceleration is Enabled. I can't stress this enough because alot of people overlook this.

And why not use the CAT 4.1s?

Originally posted by merlin704
Did you install your Chipset drivers? Check to see if AGP Texture Acceleration is Enabled. I can't stress this enough because alot of people overlook this.

And why not use the CAT 4.1s?

1: I actually ran into this problem where I installed the Cats BEFORE the chipset drivers and everything worked fine..........just rank slow. Make sure and double check on that and all your video card display settings like AA, AF, Vsync and such. You wouldn't believe the number of people that never check stuff like that.

2: Well, even though there have been a couple little fixes here and there, most people have no reason to install the 4.1's. For one, they dropped my 3dmark2001 score by about 200 points.....which actually matters to me. Seeing as I am gaining literally no fixes for myself personally and the 3.9's are still the faster set, I have no reason to install anything else until i see an actual performance boost..........'cus I never have any problems with the games I play.

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
1: I actually ran into this problem where I installed the Cats BEFORE the chipset drivers and everything worked fine..........just rank slow. Make sure and double check on that and all your video card display settings like AA, AF, Vsync and such. You wouldn't believe the number of people that never check stuff like that.

2: Well, even though there have been a couple little fixes here and there, most people have no reason to install the 4.1's. For one, they dropped my 3dmark2001 score by about 200 points.....which actually matters to me. Seeing as I am gaining literally no fixes for myself personally and the 3.9's are still the faster set, I have no reason to install anything else until i see an actual performance boost..........'cus I never have any problems with the games I play.

I saw a boost going from the CAT 3.9s to the 4.1s but everyones system is different.

.....most people have no reason to install the 4.1's. For one, they dropped my 3dmark2001 score by about 200 points.....

On my system, the 4.1's actually dropped my 3DMark2001 SE score by nearly 300 points, but boosted my 3DMark03 score slightly.

Originally posted by E4g1e
On my system, the 4.1's actually dropped my 3DMark2001 SE score by nearly 300 points, but boosted my 3DMark03 score slightly.

weird, 'cus mine both took a dive. I guess this just backs up my point though. I'm not installing and keeping any new drivers until there are some undisputable performance gains made.

weird, 'cus mine both took a dive. I guess this just backs up my point though. I'm not installing and keeping any new drivers until there are some undisputable performance gains made.

Well, my gaming experience is somewhat choppy with the 4.1 Cats. I have since reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP after I benchmarked my system with different Cats, and I'm running the 3.9 Cats now.

Back