3D Desktop + Touchscreen = Cool?

I wouldn't use the 3D aspect of it, but I do like how you can set it to upload to facebook, or copy, etc by just hovering it.

I can't imagine how cluttered it will get cause some people save everything to their desktops.

Lets of negative comments on YouTube.

Personally, I don't see myself using 3D desktop. Touchscreen, yes, but not 3D desktop. I could never get used to it on Linux either (Beryl I think it was called). One desktop is good enough for me.

But it does look cool though! The features like stacking and sorting looks nice. I can see that being useful for people with cluttered 2D desktops.

All of these 3d desktop touchscreens are cool and all. But what are the pratical uses for them?

I just installed the free version for fun, its actually incredibly user friendly

I just installed the free version for fun, its actually incredibly user friendly
same here - very nice product
I would like to install it on a couple of co workers machine who have everything in the world on their desktop.

Selling lots of overpriced screen protectors that will inevitably have bubbles and dust behind them?
Bingo. I mean, touchscreens work in certain contexts. They're relatively precise when navigating larger text and images, they don't require a separate input device, etc., but at the same time the idea of a touchscreen and/or 3D desktop is just gimmicky at best. It's neat and looks pretty, but there is no functionality there that does not exist with a mouse. Think about it - a mouse is just a pointer, and your finger navigates a touchscreen by pointing at things. The only advantage is multi-touch gestures, but I still find those to be pretty unnecessary overall.

I like the 3d Desktop. Personally, I don't use windows much (yes I'm a linux guy), but I have used something like that 3d desktop for a while. I like it a lot, and if I was using windows on a regular basis, would probably use it all the time. But I would have to agree that Touchscreens are just too expensive. Whatever the case, shockDesktop 3d works almost as well as that software, and actually does some things the other program doesn't. Here's a link for anyone interested:

http://www.docs.kr/entry/Download-Shock-Desktop3D-en

This only works if your 3d desktop is actually in 3d, not a flat screen in front of you. In the next few years I am looking for a large high resolution multitouch pad that isn't mistake prone and sits flat on my desk. Like a laptop touchpad - only one that works way more accurately and has multitouch. So I can keep my screen in front of me instead of pointing my head downwards 10 hrs a day and getting neck cramps. Not to mention having to reach your arms way out doing wax on wax off motions on a 30-50" screen for 10 hrs a day. All geeks will be the karate kid or end up with injuries lol

This is old actually, anyopne remember project "Looking Glass"? Same features and was Java based.

MS Bob for the 21st century. Great.

I'm sorry, but don't replicate the "real life" desktop on the computer.

After having this installed all day...I havent seen my desktop at all. Might as well make firefox a permanent window for me :p

I have been giving it a try on my Acer Aspire One (I'm on vacation), and it works pretty well. I am not sold on it as my main desktop environment, seeing as I do not spend a lot of time there, but for someone who has a lot of files coming and going and needs a way to access and organize them in one spot, it seems like a really nice app. props for being so resource efficient too.

One of the problems with these programs is that people dont usually spend a lot of time ON THE DESKTOP. the first thing i do when i turn on my computer? firefox. only time i see my desktop is when i need to click on something on the desktop, windowskey+D, click, and i'm back to firefox and other stuff.

only other time i see the desktop is shutting down the computer.

When working on my real desktop, I spend most of my time wishing it was more like my computer desktop, not the other way around. Perhaps I am simply a product of the computer generation? I like my desktop the way it is: minimal and functional.

Back