3d design program

bob

2[H]4U
Its time for me to actually design a case. A CAD style program is what Im looking for, but...

Computer programs like cad piss me off. My keyboard would have teethmarks on it, and there would be dents in the table from me beating up the mouse.

I want something with a simple interface, but not simple tools, and a freeware program... or at least something I can google and get a crack ... i mean update... for.

how easy is that program to manipulate? I can't handle streight autoCAD. Most i've ever worked in is Flash, so if this handles kinda like flash, i'll be set.

You could always use Maya.........

Just don't look at the price tag :D .

If you hate AutoCAD but want the same kind of power in an easy to use package, SketchUp hands down. You can actually specify the _exact_ dimensions you want without having to jump through sixty commands. Excellent quick prototyping program.

see if you can get a copy of 3d studio max (v7 is the latest). Its somewhat advanced but is the best i know for handling curvy shapes.

I download sketchup. damn, that thing is easy to use.

I had myself some crappy 3d thing built. Textures, and all, in under 1/2 an hour.

I tried to make a sphere. I drew a circle, stretched it to a cylinder, drew lines cris-crossing ontop. I grabeed the lines, and tried to push them inward. It did not make a sphere, but a shape that looked like the head of a drillbit.

From their faq:

How do I create a revolved shape in SketchUp 4.0-- Sphere, Torus, Dome, Column, Pipe Bend, Radius Molding, etc?

Use the follow me tool to sweep a path around a circle. For more info see the Follow Me help topic or Check out the Follow Me video tutorial

http://www.sketchup.com/index.php?id=60

i know sketchup, and whilst it can do curvyness, its not, erm, very sophistimicated about it. ;) .

3d studio Ra Ra Ra!

Back