3D clocks issue with videos playing?

extide

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
3,494
So I have noticed this issue, it happened on my 6950 CfX setup, and my 7970.

Say if I have a browser open to youtube, (I listen to a lot of music this way) it will force my video card clocks to "501" EVEN after I open up a game EVEN if I minimize the browser window thats playing the flash. This obviously makes games run like crap. It's really annoying. Am I the only one seeing this? Anyone got a workaround? I think I might just slap another video card in here and use that for my other monitors so I can have the videos playing on the secondary card.

Thoughts?
 
Last edited:
Turn off hardware decoding in flash so it doesnt use UVLD...
 
Yeah, I thought of that but I still think this is a bug in the driver, it should up the clocks to 3d clocks when a 3d app loads regardless.

Also I was wondering if anyone else sees this or just me?
 
So I have noticed this issue, it happened on my 6950 CfX setup, and my 7970.

Say if I have a browser open to youtube, (I listen to a lot of music this way) it will force my video card clocks to "501" EVEN after I open up a game EVEN if I minimize the browser window thats playing the flash. This obviously makes games run like crap. It's really annoying. Am I the only one seeing this? Anyone got a workaround? I think I might just slap another video card in here and use that for my other monitors so I can have the videos playing on the secondary card.

Thoughts?

Huh, interesting. This helps clarify stories I've been hearing of people getting terrible framerate in games when they have Youtube open in the background. I found the stories odd at first, as Youtube/a browser shouldn't affect the GPU to such a degree, but alas, so it might.
 
Yeah it seems like this should have been easily noticed and fixed by now.

It's really easy to diagnose, just run GPU-Z in the bg when you have youtube + a game going and you will see. Make sure to check the box so GPU-Z updates in the bg.
 
its not a bug, its by design

UVLD requires a specific clock....it cannot be changed.

close your media, the clocks will reset.
 
Back
Top