• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

3960X C2

I've been running mine at 4.6 all week to see how stable it is, guess I'll aim for 4.8 next.
 
I'm at 4.6 too. Max temps is 77. As of right now, I'm running OCCT, Prime 95, and IBT all at the same time. What's your voltage? RIVE won't let me go down their auto mode even if the offset is -.005. Posting on another PC right now too.

What I like about my OC is I have 32GB at 2133 too 9-12-11-28.
 
1.328v seems to be about the max right now according to CPU-Z. I just arbitrarily entered in a +0.0100v offset to get started (this was 3 days ago) and it still hasn't crashed. Running IBT right now on 'standard' and my max temp is 55C.

Which auto mode are you trying to set on the mobo?
 
I guess I am just happy with 4GHz with 1.15 volts myself right now.
 
Try running it on Max as well and see if it crashes. I can pass standard even on 5Ghz. But at max...I have to bring it down. Testing 4.8 right now.
 
The CPU temp was holding steady at 55C @ 5.0ghz with IBT on maximum, and then my system just shut off. I'm guessing one of the VRMs that isn't covered by the waterblock overheated and that was that.

Back @ 4.6 now, not really in the mood to smoke a motherboard today :)
 
Damn. That's awesome though, 55C at 5? IBT Max at 5 gives me around 80. But I only have an H100.
 
Back
Top