• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

3960X C2 Stepping?

Fucking a. Just got my 3960X from NewEgg and it's a C1 I need C2. What a waste of a week.
 
Got my 3960X C2 from Newegg:)
P1020450.jpg
 
Yes 100% yes.

If you have a C1 get a warranty replacement. Intel is probably going to sell the recovered C1's in Dell workstations as refurbished or something with a specific stipulation that VT-d will not work.

I have my warranty C2 running right now as we speak and the chip feels smoother to me than the first chip. I know that is in my imagination but it is running at a much lower voltage and no LLC activated than my C1 and VT-d works.
 
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I'm looking for 5 GHz dudes that are IBT stable (extreme maximum level 10 loops).
 
My 3930K run 4.8 pretty easy. As far as hitting 5.0, I can do it but I am cooling limited.
 
Back
Top