• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

3930k newegg anger

Filter

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 30, 2001
Messages
9,531
every time this Cpu comes in stock its with a stupid bundle deal. last time its with a mother board or 1500watt psu. i already have a MB and psu. the time before that memory. Well i have memory just need the dang cpu.
 
It was so hit and miss at the Egg I got mine off Tiger.
 
^^^ I agree with the OP that the "bundle only" thang sucks canal water through it's bung. Sure it's a small segment of us who want that cpu... but that segment usually spends a lot of $$$ and there is competition.
 
^^^
Mad cause the target of his blind fanboi-ism is overpriced at $250

Bit of an exaggeration. Probably more like $75. Between the 2 extra cores for practically free in comparison to core speeds, larger cache and two extra channels (and expandability). Easily worth an extra $150-$175 on top of the 2600k, as long as you understand the escalation in price with increased performance. Performance on any field is never linear in terms of price differences.
 
LOL the Intel money grabbing machine is @ it again hehe!


Yeah, that is pretty much it.

Not sure where you live but here in the United States most things are done for money. Not everything, but most. If you asked me if I wanted to make $30 profit on something that cost me $100, or if I wanted to make $40 profit, I would answer $40. If I could make a billion dollars a month like Intel that would be acceptable also.
 
First off, you can't blame Intel for over charging for their CPUs; it is basic capitalism, if they do not have competition and they control the supply, hence making a fake demand for the item, they will price it however they feel like. People need to stop talking crap about Intel and making AMD a saint, because they are not; just look at how much they price their GPUs.... they know they have the fastest GPU out, so they go for the throat and hit your pockets. AMD's 6970 was $389 at launch 12/10, the successor [7970] is rumored to be around $519 or so at launch, that's just as bad as Intel's jump.

Now, going back to the original topic, NewEgg [in my opinion] is becoming very shady lately. They hardly ever include free shipping anymore and when they do is the PoS Egg-Saver 5-7 day delivery.

To me, the straw that broke the camel's back was when I ordered BF3 Limited Edition and they sent me the regular version; I bitch about it and was told that they do not guarantee the revision of the games, so I tried to return it, which they then [2 weeks later] denied claiming the item "was not the item ordered and that none of their warehouses have it"... meanwhile they have the regular version up for sale. Needless to say it was sent back. So from now on, I will only buy from them when either no one else has the item, or when the item is ridiculously under priced against the competitors.
 
every time this Cpu comes in stock its with a stupid bundle deal. last time its with a mother board or 1500watt psu. i already have a MB and psu. the time before that memory. Well i have memory just need the dang cpu.

Just curious, since you said you already have a motherboard...I assume you bought it in anticipation of getting a 3930? Because the only other processor that goes in there is even more expensive.
 
Wow, those processors really do seem to be rare as hens teeth right now.
 
grr still cant find one. thats not marked way up or in a bundle. and newegg been out of stock for a while.
 
LOL the Intel money grabbing machine is @ it again hehe!

It is too bad Intel doesn't offer any really fast unlocked CPUs around $200! I bet then people would stop complaining about Intel trying to make money.

Oh wait...
 
It is too bad Intel doesn't offer any really fast unlocked CPUs around $200! I bet then people would stop complaining about Intel trying to make money.

Oh wait...

Some people are never happy. It's best just to ignore them while we enjoy our awesome, reasonably priced products.
 
I hope Newegg has stock of the C2 stepping 3930k's next week because I'm growing impatient waiting on a CPU when I have all the other parts now including my 7970's. I would of just kept my C1 stepping if I had known for sure that Intel was going to accept RMA'ing for a C2.
 
be happy with the prices now.
Since AMD is going away we will soon see post like. Hey why is this ivy $900.
well thats the cheap one. :)
unlocked...no they are all underclocked so they don't have to batch them.


burningrave101 how many 7970's do you have?
 
I have two Sapphire 7970's at the moment but between now and when I finally get a C2 stepping 3930k I may end up ordering a Sapphire Toxic or MSI Lightning if they come out soon.
 
Got mine from Microcenter a few days after release. Free H80 cooler to boot. $599.00 out the door and it was mine. They still have lots in stock. Order from them if you are getting out of stocks on the big digital retialers.
 
Back
Top