• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3870x2 on nVidia chipset mobo?

AndonSage

Gawd
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
897
Does the HD 3870x2 work on a nVidia chipset motherboard, like a 750i? I figure if the HD 3870x2 does, then an HD 4870x2 will.
 
@Blackforge: Thanks, that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure, because someone told me an Intel chipset was needed for a 3870x2. I didn't think they were correct.

@OmegaAvenger: Yep, I knew that. This just had to do with the 3870x2 specifically.
 
@Blackforge: Thanks, that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure, because someone told me an Intel chipset was needed for a 3870x2. I didn't think they were correct.

Only need an Intel or AMD based chipset for CrossfireX, which is two of these boards.

See my signature ;)
 
@Blackforge: Thanks, that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure, because someone told me an Intel chipset was needed for a 3870x2. I didn't think they were correct.

Only need an Intel or AMD based chipset for CrossfireX, which is two of these boards.

See my signature ;)

Unless you buy a Dell XPS system, in which case the 790i will also do the trick. :D
 
Back
Top