• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3870x2 Dual 22" LCD Query

Zhaxra

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 19, 2004
Messages
66
Does the ATi Raedon HD 3870x2 support 3360x1050 (2x 1680x1050 LCDs)? Even with the latest cat. drivers (v8.9) it doesn't support this in spanning mode. I can do an extended desktop where each desktop is 1680x1050, but the client wants it spanned instead for a better workflow. (Both his other comps use the 8800gtx and work correctly this way.)

Any suggestions?

Mahalo!
 
Does the ATi Raedon HD 3870x2 support 3360x1050 (2x 1680x1050 LCDs)? Even with the latest cat. drivers (v8.9) it doesn't support this in spanning mode. I can do an extended desktop where each desktop is 1680x1050, but the client wants it spanned instead for a better workflow. (Both his other comps use the 8800gtx and work correctly this way.)

Any suggestions?

Mahalo!

It should, I have 2 19's and 30 in my one 3870x2 4 Heads, however its not spanned, just added desktops, however I could also span, so you shouldn't have a problem. Also look into UltraMon, the program, its a must have for multi monitor set ups.
 
Thanks for the reply! I'll check out the system tomorrow (apparently today was a holiday) and see what's up with it.

Update:
The only resolutions available for Spanning (or Horizontal Stretch) are as follows: 3200x1200;2560x1024;2304x864;2048x768;1600x600 and 1280x480. I'm beginning to think that unlike Nvidia, Ati doesn't support 3360x1050. :(

Update #2:

FYI: ATi confirmed via their tech support that the 3870x2 "is not capable of 3360*1050 resolution". Bummer.
 
Back
Top