• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3870 X2 price!

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
16,314
ASUS EAH3870X2 G HTDI 1G 1GB DDR3 PCI E DVI-I*2 RADEON HD 3870X2 UPC: N/A EAH3870X2/G/HTDI/1G 6lb VC V1G New Item Cn$455.00
Toronto
B/O Vancouver
B/O Please call sales

for asus which is usually higher priced, that is the whole sale price

I'd say sapp/pc/vt around $420 cost and retailing around $450-470

and make that US prices, you'll probably be closer to $429-449
 
hmmm what to do now? I really want one. I think best would be to wait for some reviews and see how it compares to 3870 in crossfire.
 
heh.. this isgood considering its 8800gtx price

but wait and see for nvidia gx2 and let the price wars begin
 
Well if rumours are true and this performs better than an 8800 ultra then this a very good deal.
 
The ASUS cards are always a bit more expensive then Sapphire, so I'd expect the Sapphire model to be around CDN$430.

What site was this from? It would help to compare the prices from that site to other known sites to see how competitive they are.
 
it better be a good performer for that price seeing the how much less the G92 8800GT(S)s cost and they're close to GTX performance.
 
You also have to take into account all the price gouging done by stores like Newegg. Sometimes though they come out with a normal price at first, then jack it up big time.

One thing about this card though, if its actually the same as crossfire, then you really don't gain anything except taking up two slots instead of four.

I wonder if it has any other benefits besides that. If not, I think I'd prefer having two separate cards in case a card has to be sent in to get fixed.

I still don't understand the low inventory of the ATI cards, they should have a good supply everywhere by now, but most places are out of stock. Unless of course there is price fixing going on by limiting their supply quantities, which wouldn't surprise me.
 
any news of extras/games included in retail packaging? thx.
 
ooo hopefully this means the 9800gx2 is right behind... I have 50 days on my step up!!!
 
Heh, I hope to get to use my step-up too, 280 bucks for a GT isn't my idea of fun, but it was totally worth it in the end.
 
Back
Top