3870 sent back and now?

crewzen

Gawd
:DWell I returned the 3870 Sapphire I was running in Vista 64 to newegg and now I get this message on how to fix all my problems.

:eek:"Problem caused by ATI Graphics Driver

This problem was caused by ATI Graphics Driver. This program was created by ATI Technologies, Inc.. ATI Technologies, Inc. does not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported.

Recommendation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following troubleshooting steps might prevent the problem from recurring.

Download and install an updated version of ATI Graphics Driver from one of the following locations:
Microsoft Update
ATI Technologies, Inc.
If an updated driver is not available for ATI Graphics Driver, check with your computer manufacturer.
If you are running the latest version of ATI Graphics Driver, contact ATI Technologies, Inc. for your support options.
Additional information

If this problem continues to occur after installing the latest product updates, we recommend you get assistance and troubleshooting information directly from ATI Technologies, Inc.."

:mad:The only problem I have now is that the driver I was using is the 7.12 release date Dec. 20,2007. So I guess I would have to wait for a new driver to fix the problems I had.

Nice to know, but no fix.

The original issue was:
1. Fan was running backwards.
2. Running very hot.
3. graphics jerky.

I thought It could have been a psu problem, but the psu that I have came with an electrical cord of 3-16ga. wire and is a real solid 650 watt server psu. so I dont think that was the problem.

Back