370 & A: Reverse Compatible?

Codegen

Gawd
Are S370 and S-A coolers reverse compatible with each other? Or are HSFs that say 'Socket A and Socket 370 compatible' Specially designed?

Call me crazy, but I would figure if they say "socket A and 370 compatable" then it is probably compatable. I might be missing the real question here so pardon the smartassedness

What I am asking, is that if regular socket A heatsinks (Ones that aren't labeled as S370 compatible) are compatible with Scoket 370

Reason I ask is because my Mom's C400's fan is groaning.

As long as there are no capacators near the socket that would interfere with your chosen heatsink you'll be fine

Any s370 will fit on s-A. Not necessarily true the other way though- later s462 HSF's used all three sets of clips, rather than just the center one. This may or may not cause interference on P-3 boards. It probably won't in 99.9% of cases, but I don't want to make this an absolute rule and be caught on that last little fraction of a percent.

I noticed the Antec Twister I have on my C466 is 3 clips, it fits fine.

Just wanted to clarify. Thanks.

No, you can't. It's on clips.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

yes you can, and superglue gel is your friend.

there is not a fan application i have run into, whether replacing or adding, that couldn't be accomodated.

this is why i mentioned the superglue gel, if you can't screw it or clip it, you can always glue it.

b

Just make sure you don't have a S370 heatsink with feet on the bottom of it and use it on socket A CPU :p.

Back