37" Westinghouse Refurb w/FREE Ship

Holy crap that's sick. I'm gonna have to get in on this one.

Beware:
Refurbished Monitor Grades:
Grade B
Monitor is in Great Condition (many vendors would sell these as "A Grade")
Has slight Cosmetic Blemishes, examples of which are (but not limited to):
Slight Scratches in case
Slight Scratches in the screen
Hairline Crack in Case
Dead Pixel (3 or less)
Missing Control Door
Slight imperfections in the AGAS (Anti-Glare, Anti-Static) Coating
Etc.

I could sell my monitor and get it for around $175-$200. Is this worth it?

If it was new i would definitely bite. But I'm worried about the quality of the refurb. Not to mention it won't be used as a main display for at least a year or so.

I've been waiting for the free shipping. Has anyone recieved a B-stock one yet besides the two in the last thread? Seems both had "dark spots". Not really worried about the stands but curious on the dark spot.

Edit: Well I took the plunge, not too worried about the stand since I'm sure these have VESA screws on them. Ohh boy.

Last edited:
Not looking to thread crap, but buyer beware here. I had bought a 47" refurb Westy from Buy.com and it was flaky out of the box and dead within 6 months. I have been waiting for seriously over a year for the refund from Westy as they didn't have any replacements. After waiting over 6 months they called and left a message at my home stating that because it was B stock that I wouldn't be eligible for a full refund. So I'm still waiting for a check that is $250 less than purchase price. For those who bought/buy, best of luck. Those on the fence, I hope my mini-rant is considered.

Thats not threadcrapping at all, thats actually passing on useful information. Do you mind telling us how much the check was for? Can't be much less than 300 dollars right? I'm actually pretty surprised that you got anything after 6months on a B-stock TV.

They ship these incredibly dangerously with just a few air pillows. I will never buy anything from geeks again. My bezel was cracked to all hell. Just search hot deals for westy and geeks.

I bite on the previous deal when it had $100+ shipping. Then sent me the LVM-37w3se instead of the regular LVM-37w3. Not a huge problem, but the SE variant has less ports and sometimes had a firmware issue. The real reason that's a problem though is that the model number on the back was written over with black marker and a sticker placed over it stating it was a LVM-37w3 instead, a bit fishy...

The base of my monitor was also warped and did not sit flat, though they sent a free wall mount to make up for that.

I picked up 4 of these last time geeks had the sale.

They were picked up locally mind you, and NOT shipped.

These were possibly the most disappointing purchase I ever made for the following reasons:

1. 1 out of the 4 monitors was different. Not sure why, but it was all the same but the inputs were different, and the DVI did not work with the majority of my systems, yet it had the same model number.
2.One had a stand that was severely bent. It was unfixable.
3.All LCD's had a patch of 1-4 stuck pixels that wouldnt go away, even with all the different stuck pixel methods.
4. All the monitors had a severe image persistance issue. If you play a game with a HUD or similiar, the image will stay for an hour or two before it fades.

The ones I received were ok cosmetically for the most part. A few nicks and scratches.

After my experience, I will never buy an LCD from geeks.com again, and I will be staying away from any Westinghouse refurbs. I own a 42" version that works fantastic, so don't believe I am biased.

Stay away from this so called "deal". It's not worth it.
Spend a bit more for something local.

I had paid $900 for the unit back then and am getting $565 back. So not only are my math skills lacking but thanks to Westinghouse my ass is sore too.

Thats not threadcrapping at all, thats actually passing on useful information. Do you mind telling us how much the check was for? Can't be much less than 300 dollars right? I'm actually pretty surprised that you got anything after 6months on a B-stock TV.

I love my Westy, but I would not buy another one ever. Mine has the cloudy creep syndrome and it is progressively growing worse. Buyer beware.

If you can find it new it is a great gaming monitor. I have had mine going on 3 years and have had nothing but excellent performance. I love this monitor.

I've only had it plugged in for 2 hours now but it seems that ironically my B-Stock monitor is pretty much perfect (at least on DVI). No dead pixels, no blotchy spots, no scratches on the screen. This thing is beautiful and larger than I expected, I'm just ecstatic now. Not knowing if it was going to be decent (and lets face it, the odds were on the side it would suck) and being excited for it if it was good led to a lot of anticipation. I was super nervous all week and opened the box and made sure it at least powered on and didn't have any big cracks before I would let the delivery man leave. I had more than one piece of air packages so maybe they improved it from all the returns? When I was looking for the power button I felt a piece of plastic I think is in the speaker area and my wife sad she saw a not to bad scratch somewhere on the surrounding but its not on the screen so I'm not going to search for it.

I haven't calibrated it yet but it seems like the black level could be a little better, but I'm really into black level. It still seems pretty good black level for a multiyear old monitor and I appreciate that you can adjust the brightness/contrast and the backlight separately. At least they made the part of the bezel around the monitor dark colored, I find that having a dark surround has a huge effect on how people perceive black level. Black level is also something that a person adjusts to also.

I never thought it would be a longer time before I got a better display value than my Soyo 24" with the better panels I got from 280-320 dollars about 2 years ago. This panel looks almost identical to them and is 37" for 300.

Back