37" 1080P Panasonic L37U22 IPS-alpha panel TV $538 shipped at Provantage (!!)

fore1337: check your pixel format setting, I believe it's under desktops and displays.

I think I had to set it to 4:4:4 for my plasma before it would look right.

Awesome! I'm going to let you be the guinea pig, but if everything else looks good I'm very tempted myself..

Thanks for the help!

For an experiment, I plan to connect this monitor to my HTPC (9600GSO) which uses a Westy42 with extremely crisp text. The Panasonic does look really good after the Pixel Format Fix. As of now, I still think the westinghouse does a slightly better job at displaying text. If it's a gpu issue, I may be able to fine tune it to look better.

I'm mega busy this weekend, but I do plan to do a lag test with a CRT (if I can get it up to 1080P).

edit: I just have to say that this LCD is incredible, and I am very happy with it. Thanks Sjetski71 for pointing out the sweet deal!

Last edited:
So I have a junky digital camera that only goes up to isa speed 400.
Here is the best screen capture I could get:
decent_grab1.jpg

It was the only pic that both screens had semi readable numbers.

I'm not sure if I've got all of the Image enhancement stuff turned off on the TV ..but to me that looks like 70ms.

LCD is attached via HDMI & CRT via D-Sub15

What do you guys think?

yup on 1080p.

However, I'm not sure if I have all the tv settings 'tuned' to turn off image enhancement stuff.

There's def something going on, worst case scenario i'd ever imagine it being was 30 40 ms.

Sure you're not running an upscaled res? Like 1280x720 stretched to 1080P? I sorta doubt it but the thought came to mind.

Or maybe try selecting different TV picture modes, go through all the menu options, one by one that is. Maybe even try different hdmi ports.

Hopefully it's just some silly setting goofed up somewhere.

Will do.. not to mention my camera is junk. I just snapped 20-30 pics.. and only one came out 1/2 decent. Numbers look like they had a 50ms delta.

I haven't played with the TV settings yet. Thanks for the input.

Bit on this deal tonight. Hopefully have it for review this week. This will be replacing my Doublesight DS-305W 30".

Bit on this deal tonight. Hopefully have it for review this week. This will be replacing my Doublesight DS-305W 30".
If you were considering getting it as a gaming monitor, you may want to call Provantage right away and place a hold on the order till more input lag results come in. As you can see, fore1337 got some pretty bad results so far.

Edited the original post to reflect this new info :(

Last edited:
Jetski, what was the final verdict? just noticed this was necroed up for good reason :3

it is $400 at amazon right now. I just impulse bought one. It says waiting list only, but if you click join waiting list it instantly gives you a chance to buy one.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=260193&t=2538961
You're one lucky SOB, $400 for a 37" IPS-alpha? :eek:. We were drooling over the $538 price back in march, look how far prices have come since :)

Pretty sure the deal is dead now though.

Jetski, what was the final verdict? just noticed this was necroed up for good reason :3
It turned out to be not bad after all. With the correct tweaks it got around 36-37ms input lag, which is close enough to two frames, and within most people's threshold of tolerance.

It does not do proper 4:4:4 which basically translates into slightly blurry red and dark blue fonts. My 2009 panasonic has blurry red fonts in windows, but the red fonts look fine in 3D games, so it isn't all that bad i guess. Other than that the U22 supposedly has the nice IPS look + panel performance everyone wants in a TV monitor (input lag and no 4:4:4 notwithstanding).

Last edited:
Gosh! I saw the first op with edit and it sent huge red X's as an alarm to not buy it :(. I just ditched my sony triniton 32in tv to my parents and have a lonely vacant corner for some slimming flats.

Why did this thread come back to haunt me?

$400 is a smokin' deal. Stay away if you're a twitchy gamer. I can't enjoy Geometry Wars on this set.

Back