Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hulk said:What a rip off.
I remember when you could save NES games without any memory cards, hell NES didn't even HAVE any memory cards for it.
saintrobyn said:The prices don't take into account things such as Hexic preloaded onto the Premium system.
Hulk said:What a rip off.
I remember when you could save NES games without any memory cards, hell NES didnt even HAVE any memory cards for it.
Hulk said:What a rip off.
I remember when you could save NES games without any memory cards, hell NES didnt even HAVE any memory cards for it.
Blauman said:Hexic is loaded onto the hard drive period, be it Premium package or bought to install in the core system.
PWMK2 said:Because the games were on cartridges...
saintrobyn said:Still, buying the Core system and the Hard Drive does not make sense when you factor in all the other items that you get for the same price.
Erasmus354 said:Apparently you dont remember how much more expensive those cartridges were than games today. You had games back then that were upwards of 70$. If you account for inflation that is over 100$ for a game today...now are you still complaining?
BladeMrk said:actually you can download the XBL Arcade games to a memory card (I think one of the requirements of an XBL Arcade game is that the game file size is small enough to fit onto a memory card), although it's still not really practical.
BoogerBomb said:Memory prices are super cheap for what a game cartridge would need nowadays. Back then memory was not cheap at all.
BoogerBomb said:The only thing a save game should need is text information and I doubt it would need even half a meg for that. Its not like its saving the entire game plus the save information.
My remark was about why the games were so expensive back in the day. I see no reason for their not to be embedded ram in a console to eliminate memory cards. How many people really take them everywhere they go to play games elsewhere?
I am willing to bet that 90% of memory cards never leave the slot once they are put in. I know for a fact that ours haven't.