360 - unredable disc issues?

uss enterprise

Limp Gawd
Hi all, hate to be porting this right after posting a thread looking for games for my brand new 360.
I am already getting the unreadable disc error.

It's VERY strange, though.

Here's the deal. I bought 2 360's on the Wal-mart deal last week. One for me, and one for my 17 year old brother in law for christmas.

I also got a few games for us both. Blue Dragon was one I got 2 copies of, one for me, one for him. 10 bucks brand new each, how can you go wrong?

Anyway, got to disc 2 last night. At first, the 360 would not let me exchange discs. Kept saying wrong game. OK. Luckily, I saved when it asked, so I just rebooted the 360, and disc 2 started right up. A few minutes in, I got the error.

Rebooted, same error in same spot.

At this point, I figure bad 360, or bad disc.
Tried a few other games, no issues.

Today, tested a few games and movie DVD's, no issues. Play blue dragon again, freezes again.

Other discs are fine, so I figure bad disc, right? To test that theory, I opened the other copy of Blue Dragon, put in Disc 2, and it plays fine.

Well, it sucks to buy a game and have a bad disc. So to test it further, I opened the other 360, hooked it up, xfered data over to it, and tested it out. BOTH disc 2's play fine, with no freezing!!

OK, now this just doesn't make sense. It can NOT be the disc if it plays fine on the other 360 with no freezing. Did 3 hours today with no issues.

It can NOT be the 360 if the 2nd copy of Blue Dragon I have plays fine on both 360's.

So what gives? Why would ONE disc be giving me issues on only ONE 360, but play fine in the other?
And why would the exact same disc, from another retail package, work fine on mine, but this one freezes?

Makes absolutely no sense.

Both 360's were bought on the exact same day, exact same manuf date, exact same lot #, etc....
I assume they are both the exact same machine, exact same hardware.
I have NOT opened them to check, though. I do NOT want to void the warranty.

I say exchange the 360 and the game just to be on the safe side since you are within the return period.

I exchanged the one copy of the game that was doing it on the one 360.
I actually had no issues exchanging it. I thought they would give me a hard time because it was opened, but they didn't.
Nice.

So far, the 2nd disc has been fine, and I put a good five hours or so on it between yesterday and today. If it happens again, I'll exchange the 360 as well.

Here's to hoping.

Thanks for the reply.

Back