360 Games from a Flash Drive?

[L]imey

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

xbox newb here. Had mine for like a week, loving playing it except for the DVD drive and all the noise it makes while I'm gaming. Was wondering if there's a way to copy all of the game files off the disc (legitimate disc) so it's accessing the flash drive to read the files instead of the dvd?

Any chance I can make that happen? Thanks in advance for any help.

Limey

Your best bet is to buy an Xbox Hard Drive, you can copy the files to that easily but you still need the disc in the drive for it to do it's security checks etc... that's what i do. Load times are better and it's less taxing on the DVD drive. I got my 20gb hard drive off ebay for about 25 bux.

supposedly you can, and you would install it just as you would install a game onto the hdd if you had one.
Within the menus when you select the game, press Y I think and it will give you the option to install.

there was some discussion on that in this thread
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1511589

Yes, you can install the games to the hard drive for no noise and faster load speeds. I'd recommend getting a 120GB or 250GB depending on how many games you want to install.

definitely get a larger drive. With the 20GB drive you'd probably only get like 2-3 games on there. I just wish Microsoft would let you use any hdd, theirs are freaking expensive.

Just so you know, because it hasn't been mentioned here, a cheaper option is to buy 2 16GB usb drives, which can then be formatted for use on the xbox. Gives you a total of 32GB for pretty cheap.

Back