360 game disk replacement

Baredor

Gawd
I've had my 360 since July, along with Oblivion and several other games. Oblivion has always had disk read problems, annoyingly often, say every 15-20 minutes. I learned to deal with it but I am now at an impass in the game. I cannot progress in a certain quest because it gives a disk read error everytime I try.

Now, I am fanatical about my stuff being absolutely pristine, so you won't find prints all over the disk or them laying around as coasters. After inspecting the disk, it is indeed scratched, but in very circular patterns, clearly from spinning inside the 360. This is the only disk out of 5 that I have had a problem with at all. And no, I've never moved it while running. :p Vertical/horizontal makes no difference.

What are my options for disk replacement? Will MS or Bethesda replace it for me or am I supposed to shell out again because my system scratched it? :confused:

DSC00495.jpg

Why ask us instead of asking Bethesda and Microsoft?

I tried to get Nintendo to replace a corrupted GBA cart and they wouldn't return my support requests (it was a Nintendo game too).

Back