360 controller on pc

cannondale06

[H]F Junkie
Im trying to decide if I want to one or not and was wondering how many of you guys use the 360 controller on your pc and for what games? I know fps will be better on mouse/keyboard but games like Alone in the Dark(dont laugh) and some others seem like they would be better with the controller.

I vote you use a PS2 controller. Have been using mine for emulators and racing games and I think it works alot better than a 360 controller especially for fighting games. Plus growing up I had a ps1 and ps2 so I think I'm just more accustomed to the controller.

I used mine in Audio Surf, Grid, Assassin's Creed, Bionic Command Reloaded, and Gears of War.

I vote you use a PS2 controller. Have been using mine for emulators and racing games and I think it works alot better than a 360 controller especially for fighting games. Plus growing up I had a ps1 and ps2 so I think I'm just more accustomed to the controller.
i have 2 ps2 controllers with smartjoy adapters and always loved ps2 controllers but you really cant beat a wireless 360 controller. most gamepad supported games are programed with the 360 pad in mind and just naturally support them much better. like in resident evil 4 with the 360 pad the actual symbols pop up on the screen rather than the buttons number which can be very annoying in the button mashing sequences. same thing with madden 08 and fifa, plus the the buttons setups work perfect default opposed to having to reconfigure a lot of controls with the ps2/ps3 gamepad. i still like the playstation gamepad better overall but when it comes to pc gaming the wireless 360 pad is definitely the way to go.

Use my 360 controller on the PC to play mostly sport games, a few action games and particularly the Battlefield series when I need to control the airplanes and helicopters.

I used mine in Audio Surf, Grid, Assassin's Creed, Bionic Command Reloaded, and Gears of War.

All of those plus Pure, Devil May Cry 4, and LEGO Batman for me. :)

I also picked up one of those 360 wireless receivers for the PC so my roomie and I can play Bionic Commando Reloaded / LEGO Batman together. They work great!

Arcade games, specifically the LEGO series, Pure, GRID, etc are all games I use my 360 pad for and absolutely love it.
Hell, you can play Crysis with the thing as it has all the buttons mapped out already and informs you that its ready for action.

do they not make the wired one anymore? all I see at the local stores is the wireless ones and they are over 60 bucks. :eek:

do they not make the wired one anymore? all I see at the local stores is the wireless ones and they are over 60 bucks. :eek:

Yes, they still have wired controller available. The wired ones retail at $40 and wireless ones goes for $50... unless the price that you mentioned are outside from United States.

Yes, they still have wired controller available. The wired ones retail at $40 and wireless ones goes for $50... unless the price that you mentioned are outside from United States.
nope the wireless retails for 62.99 at BB and 64.99 at CC but BB does have it "on sale" for 52.99 though. neither store has the wired models for pc.

nope the wireless retails for 62.99 at BB and 64.99 at CC but BB does have it "on sale" for 52.99 though. neither store has the wired models for pc.

Oh ok... the one on sale for $52.99 is the wireless controller with receiver.

Here is the link of the wired controller here.

The wired Xbox 360 controller are compatible with the PC as well.

I love using my xbox360 controller with some PC.

Retail price is definitely $50 for wireless and $40 for wired, but can be found cheaper:

White wireless - $39
http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-wi...less-controller-game/q/loc/108/201975277.html

Black wireless - $39
http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-wi...-00014-wireless-game/q/loc/108/204356453.html

wired - $35
http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-co...oller-game-pad-cable/q/loc/108/201975280.html
those are controllers for xbox NOT pc like I said. they charge more for the pc controller.

those are controllers for xbox NOT pc like I said. they charge more for the pc controller.

I understand that there is a "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" and a plain "wired Xbox 360 controller". The only difference between the two is the packaging... other than that they are basically the same wired controller. They feel the same, they perform the same, and they function the same. And the reason they charge more is because they included the installation disk, even though you can download the same software from Microsoft's website. That is why many retail store only stock the regular wired Xbox 360 controller.

If you still not convinced, here is a web page for reference:
http://compactiongames.about.com/od/hardware/gr/xbox360control.htm

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I understand that there is a "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" and a plain "wired Xbox 360 controller". The only difference between the two is the packaging... other than that they are basically the same wired controller. They feel the same, they perform the same, and they function the same. And the reason they charge more is because they included the installation disk, even though you can download the same software from Microsoft's website. That is why many retail store only stock the regular wired Xbox 360 controller.

If you still not convinced, here is a web page for reference:
http://compactiongames.about.com/od/hardware/gr/xbox360control.htm
for the wireless you have to buy the pc version to work on pc or buy the wireless receiver. the pc wireless controller cost more than the xbox wireless because it comes with that receiver. the wired version is only different because of the added software. ;)

edit: nevermind I misread what you were saying. so the 360 controller just plugs right in to usb and I can download the software if needed?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Best Buy didnt have any of the wired controllers in stock I went across the street to Circuit City and had them do a $29.00 Wal Mart price match. ;)

Now Im finally getting somewhere in this Alone in the Dark pos game. I dont see how anybody can play this game with mouse and keyboard. There is no mouse look in 3rd person and 1st person is not smooth and just shutters when looking around. I cant believe Atari released this crappy of a game...

Best Buy didnt have any of the wired controllers in stock I went across the street to Circuit City and had them do a $29.00 Wal Mart price match. ;)

Now Im finally getting somewhere in this Alone in the Dark pos game. I dont see how anybody can play this game with mouse and keyboard. There is no mouse look in 3rd person and 1st person is not smooth and just shutters when looking around. I cant believe Atari released this crappy of a game...
Glad you are enjoying the pad. When I got mine, I was able to play GRID and the LEGO games with no issues which completely justified my purchase seeing as how I don't even have a 360.

Its all about the Benjamins. They knew the game was shit but the diehard fans of the series would buy it regardless. Even if its a console port. Oh well. Best of luck to you with that game, never tried it, never will (most likely).

Glad you are enjoying the pad. When I got mine, I was able to play GRID and the LEGO games with no issues which completely justified my purchase seeing as how I don't even have a 360.

Its all about the Benjamins. They knew the game was shit but the diehard fans of the series would buy it regardless. Even if its a console port. Oh well. Best of luck to you with that game, never tried it, never will (most likely).
I will give you my copy when Im done if I dont hurl it like a chinese throwing star at something(or somebody) first...

lol yeah I'm glad I didnt run out and buy it lol, might if I find it for less than $10 shipped just to see

But glad to see you got the controller, I love mine all except for the wonky d-pad :( (I have all wireless ones) I have been so tempted to take one apart and see if I could replace it somehow since Street Fighter 4 is coming out soon :D

I can sell you mine i got from club live for 35 shipped. Its the wireless one with the usb receiver. Its still in the packaging never been opened. pm me if your interested.

I use an X360 controller for Devil May Cry 4 on PC. Works flawlessly. It is the most comfortable gamepad I've ever used. Hope that helps.

lol yeah I'm glad I didnt run out and buy it lol, might if I find it for less than $10 shipped just to see

Is this kind of like when you drive by an accident and slow down to look for loose body parts?

I have a Madcats Wired 360 controller and really like it. I got it on clearance from Walmart for $7. never had any problems with it and use it alot w/ Need for Speed, and Trackmania.

360 controller sucks with gta san andreas multiplayer. thats the only game i have to use my ps2 controller with, otherwise 360 pad is great.

Wow it amazes me to see how many people dont read the threads lol

Decibel: Yepper :) I've done that with a few games now lol ones that I was interested in before they came out, but then came out and reviews were horrible or bad, wait till they go on clearance and pick up a copy to judge for myself and or see how bad it really is lol Some games I found to not be as reviews stated or others have said, some games I have found to be worse, either way it's all in good fun

Pretty much anything but FPS..The 360 controller is simply the best one available IMO.

Back