360 controller and BF2 for AIR only

Hello,

I was just trying to use my gamepad with bf2 for flight and the deadzone is soo massive on the 360 controller. I used kbm emulation like control MK and various other programs but when I do, the movement gets all stuttery. Hard to explain but is there anyway I can adjust deadzone on the 360 controller through bf2?

No, you need an external program to do that.

Are you sure you would want to use the 360 controller for BF2 though...? I would think even a keyboard and mouse would be easier because you would have a hard time doing some turns and whatnot with a controller. I've never used one though so I might very well be wrong.

You could always pick up a cheap joystick at bestbuy or something for $20.

thing is i have 2 joysticks lying around. One a really good one and another not so much. But the problem is that they use the old game input adapters and my motherboars (P5B) doesn't have that kinda connector slot.

No, you need an external program to do that.

Are you sure you would want to use the 360 controller for BF2 though...? I would think even a keyboard and mouse would be easier because you would have a hard time doing some turns and whatnot with a controller. I've never used one though so I might very well be wrong.

You could always pick up a cheap joystick at bestbuy or something for $20.

the stick on a controller would be no diffrent for turns than using a larger desktop size joystick except for precision, that have the same movement zone and infact should make it far better atleast for jets than a mouse and keyboard.. eventually you run out of room on your desk for turns with a mouse...

so assuming the OP got his working right his gamepad should work better for jets than a mouse. using the 2 triggers buttons for rudder he would basicly have a small joystick lacking precision of a larger model but once you get use to the small joystick it should work really well.

Okay but I cant uze the triggers in bf2, it does not even recognize them lol. Another question, sounds very noobish, but can u describe what pitch roll and yaw do?

I got the XBCD drivers for the 360 controller and adjusted the deadzone to 40. I can now play racing games. Google XBCD drivers and you may start to love your 360 controller. They also fix the trigger buttons.

Okay but I cant uze the triggers in bf2, it does not even recognize them lol. Another question, sounds very noobish, but can u describe what pitch roll and yaw do?

Let me reach over to my bookshelf...

According to the FAA publication FAA-H-8083-21, Rotorcraft Flying Handbook, pages 2-2 and 2-5 pitch, roll and yaw are:

Aircraft Pitch - When referenced to a helicopter, is the movement of the helicopter about its lateral, or side to side axis. Movement of the cyclic forward or aft causes the nose of the helicopter to move up or down.

Aircraft Roll - Is the movement of the helicopter around its longitudinal, or nose to tail axis. Movement of the cyclic right or left causes the helicopter to tilt in that direction.

Aircraft Yaw - The movement of the helicopter about its vertical axis.

Make sense? Of course not. It was written by some bureaucrat. More simply: pitch is the angle of the nose up or down, roll is the lean of the aircraft left or right and yaw is the angle of the nose left or right.

Back