3570k and hyper 212 evo

bernaby

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
175
Anyone else using a Hyper 212 with their 3570k? I'm interested in your experinces. I'm overclocked at 4.2ghz, idling around 32 and maxing out in the mid 60's.
 
Mine is at 4.5 GHz @ 1.2 V (right now anyways). Idle in the low 30s and Load in the mid-high 60s.
 
My high temps are after an hour of prime95. I'm just trying to get a picture in my head of what would be considered a normal range for this cpu and heatsink. I am coming from a Phenom II 965 be, which ran a bit cooler. From everything I've read in different reviews I know that Ivy bridge does run higher temps.
 
It's not uncommon to see 80+ on overclocked IB. It doesn't start throttling until 105C. Me personally, if I can keep it below 90C while stress testing I consider that acceptable.
 
Throw Intel Burn Test on it and see if the CPU survives 1hr without puking up errors...:)
 
Back
Top