350W PSU enough?

Odigo

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Messages
820
I'm building a new computer and it will have the same specs as below (see sig) with the exception of the mobo and proc, I will upgrade to a Abit MAX3 & P4 3.0Ghz. My Question is will the 350W Antec PSU be good enough?
 
You're asking, so there must be some doubt in your mind. Are you doing any serious overclocking? Plan on adding extra drives in the future? 350W should do the trick, but why not spend a few extra dollars and get 400W, some more headroom, and some peace of mind?

I know, I know...why not 450 or 500? I personally think that if you are going to do any of the aforementioned actions, 400W should be your baseline.
 
no no, i think that the way thay rate ps's makes it hard to say, its like deciding on wether to get a athlon or a p4 based on hertz, theres more to it than that, i think the antec ps are of extreamly good quality and since i have a smartblue 350 myself i can attest to the fact that it should do fine, i even have a ton of lights and i never had a problem with power
 
CrimandEvil omg that is a funy quote in your sig, "As to why RAID arrays don't turn chicks on, I'll never understand." -- TheAcorn

:D :D
 
Back
Top