350MHz PII even worth running?

Since the elimination of timeless WUs a while ago, I've acquired a 350MHz PII machine, 3xx MB of RAM (can't remember exactly what). Is it even worth running F@H on? Like Foldix say. If not, maybe I can find some light linux/server project for it.

Is it a Brand computer or a Built computer? I recently acquired 2 computers other would have thrown away.
1. 366 celeron /Compaq 5000. A quick check on the net resulted it would support a 1ghz chip (coppermine) and could support 512mb. Nice linux folder(don't yet have running L yet).
starmicro.net yeilded a 866 p3 @133fsb for 12.00
2. A "unknown" computer. resulted in a p2 350 mhz. Mobo is a Asus P2B-F.
There is published reports of it supporting up to 850mhz@100 fsb. There is a 1ghz / 100fsb slot 1 out there, not knowing if it supports it. :D
Worth a 5 minuite lookup. Both computers were free.
2X128mb sdram on the forums runs <10.00

No, it isn't.

I had a C466 running for a bit and it'd take over 4 hours to complete a frame.

Though, if it's going to be on anyway, might as well.

Well it's not gonna be on, my grandfather gave it to me to wipe the hard drive, so it's sitting next to my desk as I think of what sort of project I can come up with it. I'm not really inclined to drop money on it (i.e. upgrade the processor), so unless I can find a busted comptuer with a faster PII or PIII (if compatible), or just one laying around, probably won't fold with it, or run as a server and fold, not sure.

What i'm saying is take a look at it- You might be able to upgrade for nearly free thru the forums. 5 minutes could double your proc speed and fsb.

Ahh, well that's true. I think it's brand...it has a brand name, but I think it's discontinued, but I'll do a quick search, thanks.

haha I went to sleep last night and forgot to look it up, I think the video card got fried too actually when I replaced the old broken one, and now the ti4200 I had in there won't work in it, I'll see. It's a Quantex, found the PII 350MHz from I think the BIOS. I'll see what I can find out about its specs.

definitely not a good folder. The thing would have some of the worst performance-per-watt too and thus would have a really high CO2 footprint, which ain't good for the environment.. it really isn't worth it, environmentally speaking.

definitely not a good folder. The thing would have some of the worst performance-per-watt too and thus would have a really high CO2 footprint, which ain't good for the environment.. it really isn't worth it, environmentally speaking.

that is true. The motherboard is a microstar MS-6119 slot 1. Max amount of memory is 768MB in 3 slots of SDRAM PC100 RAM (well I guess that's dependant on the processor). Can be upgraded to a 450MHz PII, or up to700MHz PIII, something with 66MHz or 100MHz FSB, so maybe I can find a 700MHz PIII and pick up a little more RAM.

Back