35" Acer XZ350CU Curved Freesync monitor for $600 at newegg shellshocker

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
Resolution is okay --- reason being 3440x1440 is hard to drive at 144FPS or 200hz to take advantage of the max free sync or g sync function. I can't speak to the useless over 100hz comment. I don't think that'll matter much to me though - because 60hz doesn't even bother me right now on my Dell 3014.

dat res tho.

For gaming I do not think it really is that bad at all. I picked up a LG 34UM67 for $300 a while back to play with the 21:9 form factor and games look fantastic on it even with the 2560x1080 resolution on a 34" screen. For productivity though, yeah the resolution is not that good and 3440x1440 would be far superior.

Oh man, so tempted to get this. I had a LG 34" at this resolution a while back and was fine with it for gaming but couldn't stand the 60hz limit. I just ordered a 34UM68 for $330 that will be here tomorrow (goes to 75hz). 144hz would be awesome but not sure this one is worth almost twice the price. Decisions, decisions :)

Proud owner of a BenQ XR3501 here - 2560x1080 is good, even great for gaming resolution wise, I can drive most games at native res with a 970, and once my 1070 gets here it will obliterate this res with all eye candy on. For media consumption and gaming, the only thing its missing is GSync for me. I bought mine for 675 a few months ago. I do have a 27inch 1440p korean number for generic things when I want the extra resolution - but 21:9 is simply where its at for gaming. That, and while gaming, a powerful card and supersampling make it easy to forget about its lower resolution.

And refresh rate. Anything over 100 Hz is pretty much useless on a VA panel because the pixel response time is too slow.
no it isn't. it still looks smoother. people said the same untrue shit about the QNIXs.

I get curved panels, maybe. Ultrawides notsomuch. Screw the narrow window slot effect. Give me tall and wide.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

My unit has sooo much backlight bleed out of the box it might have to go back. First impressions on power on with all that bleed is not good. This is the same panel as the predator z35 right? All the reviews I saw on that monitor said it had no backlight bleed and great blacks. This is bad. These pictures are straight out of the box power on with room dark and with lights on. Is there a way to fix this? This can't be normal? I have a Dell 3014 right now and it has a wee bit of IPS glow, but not this bad.

Last edited:
My unit has sooo much backlight bleed out of the box it might have to go back. First impressions on power on with all that bleed is not good. This is the same panel as the predator z35 right? All the reviews I saw on that monitor said it had no backlight bleed and great blacks. This is bad. These pictures are straight out of the box power on with room dark and with lights on. Is there a way to fix this? This can't be normal? I have a Dell 3014 right now and it has a wee bit of IPS glow, but not this bad.

I'd be sending that back, that's beyond ridiculous.

I don't think it can be fixed with the settings. We took the brightness all the way to 0 and there is still noticable backlight bleed. It's going back, but I'm trying to contact Acer first in case there is some sort of menu based fix or Firmware update I can apply.

Last edited:
It can be mostly fixed with gamma 1.8 settings.

I posted a review of three premium monitors compared on youtube - including this one.

Dell3014
HP Omen 32
Acer xz350cu

Back