35.86 teraflops for the folding of human proteins

Isn’t that the machine relic has hidden in his basement? ;)

Unlike the more specialized architecture of the Japanese supercomputer, IBM’s BlueGene/L uses a derivative of commercially available off-the-shelf processors. It also uses an unusually large number of them.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory plans to install the Blue Gene/L system next year with 130,000 processors
Yeah, that's an unusually large number of processors.

:eek: you got yourself some competition relic!

but wow... i think they could outclass almost the entirety of the folding project...? isn't there only like 150,000 processors as is? let alone a supercomputer DEDICATED!?!?! omgwtfbbq!

they'd own the aussies in like 3 days. then again, they'd need a phat pipe to be able to download all of those WUs...

It would be like a gigantic DOS attack on Stanford. There is a certain irony in that come to think of it ;)

Dear Santa,

...and a big-wheel and a 35.86 teraflops supercomputer.. and a t3...

Bodega said:
Dear Santa,

...and a big-wheel and a 35.86 teraflops supercomputer.. and a t3...
ROFLMFAO, omg I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I want one too...

If you live in a condo or apartment just cut through the wall next to an outlet.... when the neighbors not home of course. Better yet short their circuit and you can access their outlet from the back, splice the wire and enjoy your free electircity! ;) ;) If your lucky they won't notice the increase on their bill from running a supercomputer.

pageian said:
If you live in a condo or apartment just cut through the wall next to an outlet.... when the neighbors not home of course. Better yet short their circuit and you can access their outlet from the back, splice the wire and enjoy your free electircity! ;) ;) If your lucky they won't notice the increase on their bill from running a supercomputer.

That is just so evil and mean spirited to even think about. Or, I could sell my house and move into a condo………Hummmm ;)

PPatBoyd said:
:eek: you got yourself some competition relic!

but wow... i think they could outclass almost the entirety of the folding project...? isn't there only like 150,000 processors as is? let alone a supercomputer DEDICATED!?!?! omgwtfbbq!

they'd own the aussies in like 3 days. then again, they'd need a phat pipe to be able to download all of those WUs...

Naw, they can't come close to outclassing the folding@home project. F@H has over 160,000 processors right now, and by the time the 130,000 proc version of Blue Gene is operational, F@H will likely have over 200,000 active processors. Plus, the average processor running F@H is much, much faster than the processrs used in Blue Gene.

The spectacular thing about distributed computing is how much raw processing power is available out there. I'm sure that if the [H]ardocp team alone was counted as a supercomputer, it would rank right up there with the best in the world. The google team would probably be #1, at least until the full Blue Gene/L is built.

I manage apartments... I get a 300 dollar a month allowance for electricity and Gas along with a free 2700 sq ft house. Unattached from the house, I have a 3 bay garage that doesnt count towards my allowance of utilities... we can put the super computer in there. Also, we can ride that big wheel between incidents.

RedShred said:
I manage apartments... I get a 300 dollar a month allowance for electricity and Gas along with a free 2700 sq ft house. Unattached from the house, I have a 3 bay garage that doesnt count towards my allowance of utilities... we can put the super computer in there. Also, we can ride that big wheel between incidents.
ROFL, what is so damn funny about a big wheel?!? :D

only the cool kids had big wheels... i had 22inch spinners on mine. so pimp
:cool:

Back