• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3400 mobile won't overclock!

Silent Fart

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 3, 2003
Messages
189
I bought an AMD 64 3400+ mobile processor. The processor has 1 mb of L2 Cache and has the clawhammer core. I am running 2 identical 512 sticks of micron 3200 ram with a timing of 3-3-3-8. I am trying to overclock it but whenever I set the FSB over 235 it will eventually hang. If I was to purchase some 4200 ram and run that at 260 would that work? or am I just completely confused on how to go about doing this.
-Silent_Fart
 
sounds like a ram issue. looks like you're pushing that pc3200 to 470 mhz. maybe it doesn't like that with those timings. Try like 4-3-3-10. or something else a little more forgiving.
 
put a divider on the ram and try a small voltage increase.
 
Back
Top