33% Off Alan Wake

_PixelNinja

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi there,

Alan Wake is on sale this weekend over at Gamersgate.

The standard edition is €18.73 / $20.07 / £15.38.
The Collectors Edition is €21.43 / $23.44 / £18.08.

Over and out!

Nice this is a good port. Graphics are greatly improved over 360, no noticeable mouse acceleration, easy controls

Has anyone bought stuff from this site before? It's a $10 savings over just buying it on Steam. Also I'm assuming they just send you a cdkey since it's a SteamWorks game?

Has anyone bought stuff from this site before? It's a $10 savings over just buying it on Steam. Also I'm assuming they just send you a cdkey since it's a SteamWorks game?

Yea, I've bought several games from here and I used the key to active them on Steam.

I liked the story, the scenery and the graphics, but not the gameplay.

Story is great if you think Resident Evil story is great, i.e. you have absolutely no taste whatsoever. Such a rubbish game. Seriously. It wasn't even near the level of, say, Heavy Rain, which itself wasn't great. Total hollywood big budget summer blockbuster shitpap. Not even worth your time, much less your money.

Story is great if you think Resident Evil story is great, i.e. you have absolutely no taste whatsoever. Such a rubbish game. Seriously. It wasn't even near the level of, say, Heavy Rain, which itself wasn't great. Total hollywood big budget summer blockbuster shitpap. Not even worth your time, much less your money.

lol, yeah ok. The story wasn't bad at all.

GamersGate is a licensed online retailer so you can buy from them without worries if that is what you are asking.

When you purchase a game it becomes available in the library section of your account. You can then choose to either download it directly from the website or you can select to unveil the activation code which you can use to download from Steam (although in either case you'll end up needing the activation code).

Wow dude, did Alan Wake jump through your screen and assault you at some point? What was so bad about the game? Heavy Rain, now that one I'm a little luke warm about, I honestly didn't care about what was happening in the game and some of the characters faces were creepy enough that I had to stop playing. That's something that doesn't happen very often for me, but Alan Wake is more interesting than Heavy Rain. The flashlight mechanic can get a little stale after a while but that's just because I don't think they placed the battle scenes well enough throughout the game. A bit of it seems random and senseless, on the whole it's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. My $.02.

There are other people in the world that might think otherwise. I haven't even played the game but I don't go around bashing games because there are people that would love a game I might hate, in other words, my opinion doesn't mean shit in a thread, because people will buy and enjoy the game regardless.

Back