32GB USB Flash Drive $99 at Microcenter

i'd seriously consider this if i already didn't have a 8GB that still isn't full... and if i didn't know for sure that they'll probably be half the price by the time i actually need it...

expect it to be super slow... but a really good deal though

i'd imagine it'd be a good thing to sell to people for backups...

expect it to be super slow... but a really good deal though

That's why i will probably pass on anything bigger than my 8GB. I love flash drives but they are just too slow for moving larger files. It makes the big space kinda useless, for me anyways. My 8GB Sandisk is faster than my 4GB Sandisk but they seem to get way slower as they get bigger. Anyone know if 16GB flash drives is where the speed dent comes in or is it 32Gb or bigger ?

i paid $19 shipped for a 16gb usb 2.0 flash drive from ebay. this seems not hot at all.

That's why i will probably pass on anything bigger than my 8GB. I love flash drives but they are just too slow for moving larger files. It makes the big space kinda useless, for me anyways. My 8GB Sandisk is faster than my 4GB Sandisk but they seem to get way slower as they get bigger. Anyone know if 16GB flash drives is where the speed dent comes in or is it 32Gb or bigger ?

It has less to do with the size, and more to do with the quality of components that goes into them. Take a look at SSD's. The first ones that came out topped out at 30MB write, now they're pushing 130MB write. Corsair makes a pretty fast flash drive if that's what you want.

as soon as they make one > 40GB for around this price i'll buy... speed doesn't concern me all that much.... the slowest one they have should stream a 320kbps mp3 with ease....

i have a 60GB hdd hooked up via USB to the headunit in my car... have about 38 gigs of music in it, my whole collection... it does keep growing, but i'm going to start deleting some of the music that i don't like but kept just for the heck of it....

Back